PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet > In Other News

Old 02-11-2015, 12:47 PM
Eternal Member

Location: Pacifica, Calif. near the coast over looking the Pacific Ocean near San Francisco
Total Downloaded: 842.88 MB
Deep Space Climate Observatory Satellite & Falcon 9

Deep Space Climate Observatory Satellite-Update
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akM4WmGJ_j8#t=49
DSCOVR - Deep Space Climate Observatory
DSCOVR - Spaceflight101

If the upper level winds will allow, launch is at 3:03 pm PST(Pacific Standard Time) or 23:03:32 UTC today Feb. 11,2015. If all goes well. If this launch is scrubbed the next date will be Feb 20. This will be the second attempt at landing the first stage on a floating barge of the East coast. The first attempt was a crash landing do to a lack of hydraulic fluid.

Falcon 9
DSCOVR Mission Updates - Spaceflight101

Here’s hoping. wc

PS-If there is a better place to place this information about NASA in our forum please let me know. If this information is not needed, please let me know. wc
Google Adsense
Old 02-11-2015, 12:49 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
I like the updates. Heard a one line blurb about SpaceX doing a possible launch today on NPR. Your post fleshes that out and gives links I don't have to go searching for.
Old 02-12-2015, 04:47 PM
Eternal Member

Location: Pacifica, Calif. near the coast over looking the Pacific Ocean near San Francisco
Falcon 8 places Deep Space Climate Observatory, or DSCOVR into orbit

The Falcon 9 rocket blasted off from the Cape Canaveral Air Force Station shortly after 6 p.m. local time Tuesday evening after radar issues and weather problems prompted Elon Musk’s SpaceX company to postpone launches on Sunday, then Tuesday this week.
The launch was expected to be SpaceX’s second attempt to test its plan to create reusable rockets that could land back on the ground rather than plunge into the ocean, but poor weather conditions put an end to that idea. The initial plan was for the first stage of the Falcon 9 rocket to come back down to Earth and land safely on a barge near the coast of Florida, but instead the rocket attempted a "soft landing" into the water, where it is unlikely to be recovered.
During the first attempt to do this last year, the rocket failed to land safely upon return. Musk commented that the attempt was “close, but no cigar this time.”
On-board the rocket is the Deep Space Climate Observatory, or DSCOVR, a National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) sanctioned satellite that is expected to soon begin collecting information on solar storms and how they affect communication and power systems on planet Earth.
Damn shame that the ocean was at 30 ft. seas at point of landing time the first stage on floating platform. It was then elected to make a soft landing which it did in the ocean. Better luck next time. Due to the state of the ocean recovery of the first stage doesn’t look likely.
Yesterday{2/11.2015}Space X or Falcon 9 launch from Cape Canaveral Air Force Station and placed Deep Space Climate Observatory, or DSCOVR into orbit between the Sun and Earth at a admittance of 930,000 mi from Earth.

DSCOVR Launches Aboard SpaceX Falcon 9
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pl3x71-kJGM

Falcon 9 First Stage Reentry Footage from Plane
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIlu7szab5I

Falcon 9 First Stage Return | ORBCOMM Mission
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQnR5fhCXkQ

Attached Thumbnails
Deep Space Climate Observatory Satellite & Falcon 9-spaxe-x-falcon-9-sun-sat..jpg  
Old 02-12-2015, 06:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
sorry to sidetrack, but have you seen this?

GMM: SDO: Year 5 (id 11742)

or, slightly better quality on Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSVv...ature=youtu.be

Once again, I must warn you...it needs to watched full screen, with full sound (nice music).
It is an amazing four minutes.

The culmination of more than 5 years in space, 200 million photos (2,600 terabytes of data).
Its basically a five year time lapse video.
Old 02-12-2015, 09:14 PM
Eternal Member

Great find Dave. I will go back over this site tomorrow when I have more time. I'm super tired and about to call it a day{plus I will have the house to myself and I can bring it up on the 60inch in the living room with the super stereo}. Thinks this is great to add site to this. Thank you again Dave. wc
Google Adsense