PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet > In Other News

Old 05-20-2016, 05:39 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.34 GB
I could not find that story on the site you mention but I did find a story about a US soldier who 'accidentally' fired four live rounds into an Apache helicopter while taking part in an exercise with blank rounds. Apparently this soldier had no idea there were live rounds in the mag and there will be no charges. How low the mighty are fallen, when I was in we were responsible for every round we carried and I can see no situation where we would have missed live rounds in a mag of blanks. Is the soldier blind?
Old 05-20-2016, 11:37 AM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
Even if he was blind he should be able to tell a blank from a live round. I remember when we were on the range at Ft. Polk at the end of the day every piece of brass had to be accounted for. And until it was we were usually low crawling the firing line looking for it until the range officers got an accurate count.
Old 05-22-2016, 04:38 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.34 GB
Ditto on the brass, as you would expect. the thing that gets stuck where the pilot light is not lit, is the no charge result. How is that even possible? In most situations a court martial would be the order of the day, just who is that soldier related to, the president?

Tags
bells, fighter, japans, stealth, whistles