PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet > In Other News

Old 01-02-2018, 04:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
I laughed...oh how I laughed.

Q: What do you call a Mexican Jedi?
A: Obi-Juan Kenobi

Star Wars Jokes that will Actually Make You Laugh!
Old 01-02-2018, 05:10 PM

Total Downloaded: 452.18 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by airdave View Post
I laughed...oh how I laughed.

Q: What do you call a Mexican Jedi?
A: Obi-Juan Kenobi

Star Wars Jokes that will Actually Make You Laugh!
The Farce is strong in this one...
Old 01-03-2018, 05:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 452.18 MB
Heh-

Came across this t-shirt today:

https://www.teetemplar.com/br-2018
Old 01-03-2018, 07:18 PM

Total Downloaded: 12.68 MB
I first became aware of this kit at starship modeler, where I mentioned this radio programme on the bbc called "The Museum of Everything" and in series 2 (currently being re-streamed on BBC 4x) the writers introduced a recurrent partwork magazine sketch where you can build 1:1 replicas of the Cutty Sark, The Bridge on the River Kwai, and France - with a bonus issue that includes the French..."if you want to ruin it". It always has a cheap introductory price, like a pound, but very quickly says anything from 100 pounds to "all your material possessions" for subsequent issues :D
Old 12-03-2018, 01:27 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.34 GB
They have been the same for decades, basically stealing from fans of this, that and the other. Time for them to be gone before they steal a single penny from any more gullible victims.
Google Adsense
Old 12-03-2018, 03:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 426.34 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revell-Fan View Post
THIS!

I have noticed a similar issue in the ads for their R2-D2. They claim it is 1/2 scale, meaning it is half as tall as the real one. Well. The real one is 109 cm tall. 1/2 scale would be 54.5 cm. However, the DeAgo model is 48 cm tall which is only 1.5" taller than the Hasbro Interactive R2 from 2002 which has almost the same features and is available at a fraction of the price. Even if you consider the height deviation from two-legged to three-legged drive mode it is definitely NOT 1/2 scale and still NO-ONE seems to be bothered by these discrepancies, even after I have pointed them out.
I've been watching a series of build videos on YouTube for this R2-D2 kit.
The build quality seems far more inclusive than the Hasbro toy. The full metal framework and considerable levels of detail.

IF I had a good paying job, I'd consider paying the $1,800 or so for the fun of building and playing with this model. I'd probably add a Raspberry Pi for high-level AI.
But I'm in the Print-N-Paste budget. And I haven't even been able to replace the colour toner on the work printer I use for printing, so I've been pretty idle.

Overall, the price is far more for the build-it-yourself progress. and when the issues come out, the individual issue price isn't that bad, until you calculate the total cost. But you can say the same when you buy a car. You make monthly payments you can afford, but after 5 years, not only have you paid nearly twice the sticker price when you bought it, but you've paid at least 5 times what it is now worth.

When I was in Ireland, probably 15 years or so ago, DeAgastini brought out a build-your-own robot kit I started. When it became obvious it was going to be more of a remote-control toy, I quit.
Old 12-03-2018, 03:20 PM

Total Downloaded: 9.39 MB
1:1? That's horseturds.

Deck 6 and 7 of my Constitution build are a hair under 4'.

I mean, look at the actual studio model...

That's gotta be bigger than 31".

I don't buy this for a number of reasons- and literally.
Not at that price.
Old 12-04-2018, 06:32 AM

Actually, there were several Millennium Falcon models used during filming.
The particular one the DeAgostini model is based on was used during The Empire Strikes Back for the space flight scenes.
A quick Google Image search tells me this is the 5 foot model constructed for the first movie.
But yes, it is prohibitively expensive. So are Jaguar's and people still buy those, too.
Old 12-04-2018, 12:05 PM

And if anyone WAS in the market, they currently have a sale for either the Millennium Falcon or R2-D2 kits at $1,200 total. The Falcon can be bought all at once, but R2-D2 is only available in 12 or 25 monthly installments.
Old 12-04-2018, 05:13 PM

Total Downloaded: 322.93 MB
Duno about their Falcon,Spitfire MkV they offer is horrible.I bet any recent Tamiya or Trumpeter kit is more accurate and chances are some Airfix kits are better as well.

Halinski paper model will blow it out the water any time.There are likely few more very accurate big Spit kits out there.
Google Adsense