PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > Other Things We Do & Make

Old 09-29-2010, 11:43 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via MSN to Jerry V
Well, the Taschen Titanic can be seen here Titanic Paper Model. This site says it will be about 5 feet long wich is about 1 meter and 35 centimeters..

You know other builds of Titanic's sisters are also up for download at mr. Currell's site?
That was wat I was referring to when I said I was searching the internet for a free papermodel of the Titanic to build, and from one thing came another..
Old 10-02-2011, 04:42 AM

My 1:570 wreck nearing completion

Well Almost a year since my post about the 1:570 wreck model and working on it now and then in between paper builds, it is nearing itīs completion, I have to model myself a mast since I had lost it during the years, and some more details have to be added.

Jerry
Previously build; R.M.S. Titanic, 1:200 scale
Currently building; S.S. Nomadic 1:250 scale
Old 10-18-2011, 04:59 PM

Just returned from vacation in Gatlinburg, TN and just so happened while there I went to the Titanic Museum, wow, if ever you get the chance, there is one in MO too. While there picked up a 1/400th scale Premium Edition, Number 0522 out of 1500, MRC RMS TITANIC. This is the one that you get all the PE and wood decking. I like 1/350th scale better to work with, but settled for this one. I also ordered all the PE sets as offered by Tom's Modelworks. This will be this winters plastic project.
Impressive build of the wrecks. I have wanted to build one as well, but never had the nerve to take it on. But after seeing your work maybe a future project down the road. They also had a display of the wreck site and there is a great distance from the bow from to the stern.
You have done a most wonderful build of this type. Might PM w/?'s on how and what, to do this type build. Rick
Old 10-19-2011, 12:07 AM

Good morning Rick, and thanks for your comments on my models.
I also finished my 1:570 wreck site, the model depicts the wreck just months after the disaster, so the paint hasn't all faded, there are no rusticles yet, and there is a funnel laying nearby, it hasn't corroded yet;

I am currently working on a 1:200 model with included PE sets which will take me some time to be completed. The models with PE sets look very nice.

I'd love to visit a Titanic museum one day, but there are none here in the Netherlands, but perhaps one day I will visit one abroad.

Offcourse you may PM me on how and what, there is also a buildtopic which can be found on a dutch modelers site (see here: Modelbrouwers.nl modelbouw • Toon onderwerp - Titanic wrak 1:570 Revell my other builds can be found at this site as well)

Jerry
Old 10-20-2011, 04:15 AM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
This looks mighty fine work Jerry, but this is to be expected from you Sir
Google Adsense
Old 10-20-2011, 11:21 AM

Thank you Peter, well I found out about a new way of building on another forum.
Combining paperparts with a plastic model.

I will try this next on a 1:1200 scale model I got as a surprise yesterday for helping someone with their computer.

With regards,

Jerry