PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > Other Things We Do & Make

Old 10-25-2011, 01:12 PM

Total Downloaded: 6.17 MB
SBD Dauntless 1/48 HELP!

Group;

I go to and from both typs of hobbies. While I'm waiting on a card model from my local print company, I work on other side projects.

I picked up this 1/48 Revell SBD Dauntless for a $1.00 at a garage sale. I like to practice my scratch building skills and this kit is great for that. I have plenty of spare parts, plastic stock, card stock, so I don't want to drop a dime on any after market parts (I have plenty in my stash for other kits I will get to in the near future), this kit is not worth it.

It is a great kit to work on my skills. OK, this is what I'm looking for. I'm seeking a free, point me in the right direction, similar cockpit for this kit, out of cardstock, that I could use as a template to build the parts or one that I could squeeze into the kit.

I use cardstock all the time for my plastic kits. It is easy for me to work with card stock then with evergreen at times, and when you paint the cardstock parts, unless your a revit counter, you can't tell if it is made out of card or plastic.

Let me know what you guys think.

Thank you,
Sam
Attached Thumbnails
SBD Dauntless 1/48 HELP!-box-art.png   SBD Dauntless 1/48 HELP!-untitled.png  
SERE Instructor 89-95
Google Adsense