PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > Other Things We Do & Make

Old 10-12-2011, 04:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 747.08 MB
I think it's a neat aircraft, and I'll leave it at that . . .

Isaac Asimov
Old 10-12-2011, 04:45 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 0
I think it looks well but i wish there was more vertical craft that could go at the speed of these vtols that be able to be used in rescue missions and deliver aid supplies around.

You may say I am a dreamer but Im not the only one.

John Lennon.
Old 10-12-2011, 06:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 679.43 MB
Once again some of you are injecting national policies, ability to project power, isolation , etc...... Also some are smirking about this aircraft technology . My point is that this particular aircraft is overly priced and ill suited to today's environment when the other guys do not put up stealth fighters to fight. There are very capable aircraft like the F-22, 15,16, 18 that are already in service and more than capable for any scenario. Also we have many drones than perform the job without risk of losing a pilot and then dealing with all The issues after that.

This thing may go the way the Sargent York AA system went.

We need to be practical, bring the right tool for the job

Now back to building my paper air force:
Old 10-12-2011, 06:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
Once again some of you are injecting national policies, ability to project power, isolation , etc...... Also some are smirking about this aircraft technology . My point is that this particular aircraft is overly priced and ill suited to today's environment when the other guys do not put up stealth fighters to fight. There are very capable aircraft like the F-22, 15,16, 18 that are already in service and more than capable for any scenario. Also we have many drones than perform the job without risk of losing a pilot and then dealing with all The issues after that.

This thing may go the way the Sargent York AA system went.

We need to be practical, bring the right tool for the job

Now back to building my paper air force:
There is technology in this craft, and engines, that does not exist in the F-22. The development costs were over budget because the estimates were unreal. When it is finished, the actual production costs will be less the the F-22 and it will be far more versatile. These planes, with the F-22's will be leading the drones into action. Having a vertical take off craft of this capability will be the only craft in the world today capable of doing what it does. This well may be one of the last manned fighters ever developed. Stealth Fighters are stealthy so they can attack an enemy unseen. The notion of a stealth fighter only being used to attack a stealth fighter is not looking at the whole scenario. There are many targets that have nothing to do with aviation that would be served well being attacked by a stealthy craft. F-15's are getting VERY old, and the F-16's aren't that far behind. A couple of JSF's could be put on so many U.S. ships. We have nothing capable of doing that now. Stealthy planes guiding fleets of attacking drones. This is a viable future.

The Sargent York system was an abysmal failure. The JSF works.

The whole democrat vs. republican things is a joke, these parties are both the same people. Both parties are full of crooks and lobbyist and I haven't bought into the system for a long time. I do vote, every single time, but I am an independent, I vote based on the individual.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.43 MB
Yes, the greatest value in stealth is to either make a point strike on a heavily or deeply defended target without prior warning, or to attack and destroy the air defense network of an opponent at the beginning of hostilities.

Stealth fighter vs. stealth fighter isn't really the purpose.

later! OL JR
Old 10-12-2011, 07:38 PM

Total Downloaded: 76.03 MB
This aircraft is pretty sweet! I'm all for the development of new technologies and systems that give us an advantage on the battle field. This one is really cool for me as my neighbor is working on some of the flight systems programing.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:49 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 112.72 MB
Sweet video - and interesting discussion. The F-35/JSF is a tool for professionals, and we don't do fair fights. On the other hand, we don't seem to be very good businessmen/buyers. We're better at breaking things than making them ...

Yogi
Old 10-12-2011, 08:58 PM
Banned

No more wars of attrition. I hope to never see wars of attrition again. Deal with the enemy du jour cleanly efficiency with minimal or no collateral death or damage if possible. This day and age it is getting to the point that we know who is doing what, therefore, who must be taken out. Of course, only if the situation warrants it. I am not in the position to know that and only have a feeling like everyone else. We have nothing to prove. Fair fights are irrelevant, and as Yogi says, we don't fight fair fights, and we hopefully never will.

It is amazing what knocking out a countries electrical grid and rendering their communications useless, and other every day comforts will do. Worked well with the Serbia-Kosovo conflicts.
Old 10-13-2011, 08:38 AM

Well, in my opinion Tom Clancy came up with the right idea in "Executive Oeders". Some head case wanna be Hitler attacks us, we take the Head Bad Guy out personally. But I suppose I had better get off my soapbox!
Old 10-13-2011, 09:37 AM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
There is a claim that stealth aircraft have the radar return of a hummingbird or bumble bee. So train your radar and radar operators to find real fast hummingbirds or bumble bees.
Google Adsense