PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > Other Things We Do & Make

Old 02-27-2012, 02:09 AM

Total Downloaded: 517.40 MB
Thanks Pat, I'm glad you like it. I posted this to the forum only yesterday so you are not late at all. ;-)

BR Tappi
Old 02-28-2012, 05:59 AM

Total Downloaded: 190.42 MB
Hi Tappi:
Charming little model you made.
Rgds
Carlos
Old 02-28-2012, 06:18 AM

Hi Carlos, good to hear from you. I'm glad you like this little boat. The pleasure of building her kept me warm in my very cold basement workshop - winter is not good time for modeling. Glues and paints don't work properly. We have about 80 cm of snow allready and it's pouring all the time new. Spring, please reach these poor and desolate corners of the earth!

BR Tappi
Old 02-29-2012, 12:09 AM

Total Downloaded: 190.42 MB
Hi Tappi: I can understand what you mean. Even here we're having quite cold weather. But I still remember my first winter in Helsinki, back in 1987 with the thermometer hiting -35ºC.
What I miss less is to get up in the middle of the night to clean up the snow from the main door... Brrr!
One month more and everythig will change.
Best regards
Carlos
Old 02-29-2012, 12:42 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via MSN to Jerry V
Nice job on this little tug!
Previously build; R.M.S. Titanic, 1:200 scale
Currently building; S.S. Nomadic 1:250 scale
Google Adsense
Old 02-29-2012, 03:10 AM

Yes Carlos I remember that winter too. At that time the warming water pipes broke in the house we lived and we had to warm our apartement with electrical warmers - we managed to get the temperature up to 11 degrees Celsius - chilly nights.
Thanks Jerry for the compliment. Along with that here's the final additions to the model - I put three portholes on her side. Totally forgot those although they are clearly presented in the blueprints. Must be a symptom of an early dementia.

BR Tappi
Attached Thumbnails
Finnish steam tug S/S Koitar from 1905-portholes.jpg  
Old 03-01-2012, 07:13 PM

Total Downloaded: 474.31 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapcho View Post
Ok, I added the missing navigation lightbox to the ships side. Front navigation lights were hanging on a wire by the mast on the other side of the ship (not presented in a half model). The mast and the funnel were foldable in the original vessel and lovered down when passing a low bridge.

BR Tappi
Hello, Tappi!

Very excellent work, mate!

Just curious, what color is the navigation lamp? If it is on the port side (left) I believe it should be red. I refer to them as the "running lights."

I love this concept of a half-hull model, really superb!

Cheers!
Jim
Old 03-01-2012, 10:13 PM

''Running lights'' that was the word I was looking for, thanks Jim! On my models port side is always green, it's just one of the artistic liberties I like to take - call it a signature. ;-) I just found out that we have six more teak plates at or house so this may be a start of a series. I have to negotiate with my wife first though, those are her tabletop acessories. :D

BR Tappi
Old 03-01-2012, 10:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 189.81 MB
This is the most clever form of modeling .... What a great idea! Not only from a size aspect but a great way to achieve satisfaction from a project when you need someting to go faster than normal. Imagine all the things you could create with this method.

The fine modelers here never cease to amaze me... My motivation to continue is building!

Well done,,, Gregg
Old 03-01-2012, 11:57 PM

Well said Gregg! You put in words the thoughts in my mind when doing this model. This has been to me a time travel back to those days when there were no kits. Just an idea and the material you have. That's what I enjoyd most with this project. You start with something and work your way to the end without a real step by step plan but solving all the issues when you meet them. Intuitoin, improvisation and imagination - let's call it a 3I (triple i) method. ;-)

BR Tappi
Google Adsense