PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > Other Things We Do & Make

Old 10-02-2008, 08:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 134.36 MB
I play guitar

I play guitar. This is not me - it's my buddy with my guitar - I took the picture. But I like this guitar.

Google Adsense
Old 10-02-2008, 09:50 PM

Total Downloaded: 76.03 MB
I want your guitar! i've been drooling over the Tele for years now. I play an Alvarez acoustic myself.
Old 10-03-2008, 06:06 AM

Believe it or not, I had a '52 reissue that was very nice looking but not very practical. I thought the fingerboard was too radiused, I didn't like the Klusson tuners that much, and a couple of other things caused it to be less than an everyday working guitar. I like this one better.

Do you have an Alvarez or an Alvarez-Yiari?
Old 10-03-2008, 07:03 AM

The '52 reissue was one that I initially lusted over, then I saw a regular American Standard in my dream colors: Butterscotch Blonde body with the maple fret board, black pic guard, and chrome hardware. What can I say, my favorite musician is Bruce Springsteen. The Boss can't be wrong in his guitar choice.

As for my guitar, it is just an Alvarez. It's a pretty basic model that I got in high school. Deffinately one of, if not THE best Christmas present ever :D Now that I think about it, that was 11 years ago. Ouch. It has served me well over the years. I almost upgraded to a VERY nice Alvarez a couple of years ago. My bro-in-law was thinking about selling his. Had we not just bought a house, it would have been mine.
Old 10-03-2008, 12:51 PM

Bruce Springsteen was the guy who got my Teecaster lust going, with the converted Esquire he has slung over his shoulder on "Born To Run".

I think the standard model blonde/black pickguard Tele you are talking about is called a "Lite Ash". That one came out after I got the sunburst one in the picture.

I had a friend who had one of those Alvarez acoustics that sounded as good as any Martin. The reason I asked is because I had an Alvarez Yairi once - it was a sweet guitar.
Google Adsense
Old 10-03-2008, 01:56 PM

The Yaris are pretty nice. I got the chance to play one once, but knew I would never afford one.