PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > Other Things We Do & Make

Old 03-31-2012, 12:28 PM

Total Downloaded: 13.53 MB
Getter, When I was a kid in the late '40s and early '50s - I lived about 6 miles from the Guillows "factory" (a collection of one story, wood framed garage type buildings) and I think I built all of the smaller kits. Paul Guillow even had a good selection of solid models on display at the Boston Museum of Science! Beautiful build and covering of a very unique aircraft. Carry on!
Later,
Fred Z
Old 05-24-2012, 11:44 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.67 MB
Update!!!

I bet you folks think I have died between updating my threads :P

Camera lost it's view mode so haven't been taking many pix of anything of late but I have been building. Ordered a new camera today so will be back to posting soon.

Got back into this project and it's getting really close to being done. Covering the top wasn't easy at all. The green tissiue was not very friendly to use as the white paper I normally use so that didn't help matters.

The light played some tricks ont he surface there. I gave it 2 coats of Krylon acrylic and lightly buffed it down. Pleased so far. That's about it for the night, Hopefully the weekend will see her done :D

Sorry for the poor quality pix.

G1
Attached Thumbnails
Stick and Tissue XP-67 Moonbat-05240009.jpg   Stick and Tissue XP-67 Moonbat-05240010.jpg   Stick and Tissue XP-67 Moonbat-05240011.jpg  
Old 05-25-2012, 09:45 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
G1 -

Delighted to see the progress on this unique model. The pics are just fine, the covering job substantially exceeds standards (I see only one wrinkle at the impossible-to-cover-smoothly leading edge wing fillet with its reverse compound curvature), and the overall model is outstanding.

Don
Old 08-01-2012, 11:52 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Hey Getter, any word on this project? As a flyer m'self, I bet you can't tell me a story I haven't survived - several times. Let's hear it!
Old 02-07-2013, 07:44 AM

Total Downloaded: 29.49 MB
Getter, been a while since I checked into your Moonbat project.

Any progress on your excellent model?

Hope things are going ok for you and would like to see how the Moonbat is coming along.

Swampfox
Google Adsense
Old 02-14-2013, 01:37 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.67 MB
Hey Guys, sorry been occupied with many things. Work and personal life stuff mainly. I did get most of the Bat done but an accident damaged the starboard wing tip. I re-tissued it but haven't sealed the repairs yet. I am planning a 2nd build probably the end of winter or early spring.

Been working on some plastic kits and a few video games of late to. That's why I haven't been round much of late.

G1