PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > Other Things We Do & Make

Old 02-01-2014, 07:34 AM

Total Downloaded: 113.50 MB
for some reason, that is one I never played. Sounds like fun though.
Old 02-01-2014, 01:44 PM
Eternal Member

Location: Curently live in High Desert country, Redmond, Oregon to be specific.
Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via AIM to Ashrunner
I've been wargaming off and on since my sophomore/junior year of high school (1968). First game was AH's Stalingrad. It could take myself and a friend several days to finish a game...and up to an hour or more to decide on a move.

Lately, I have been playing solitaire wargames. Currently, I am playing The Hunters, a solitaire WWII submarine warfare game based on the U-boats of Germany. The game was released by ComSimPress late last year. They also have a Pacific version of the game in the works, called Silent Victory. I should hit the P500 route in a couple of months. The games are similar in play to another of my favorites, B-17: Queen of the Skies.

I also am trying to figure out Steel Wolves and Silent War. Steel Wolves is based on the Atlantic and Silent War on the Pacific. Again, they are both submarines solitaire games, but whereas The Hunters and Silent Victory are tactical level games (one boat attempting to complete as many patrols as possible), these two are strategic campaigns.

I have also have RAF, a solitaire simulation of the Battle of Britain, but haven't gotten into it yet. I have many games, most aerial wargames from WWI to modern jet combat (somewhere around 20), plus a number of games from Strategy and Tactics magazine.

Victory Point Games, Dan Verssen Games, a large number of "print-n-play" games from Wargamedownloads.com and many boxed games from some of the big players of the past.

I have gone to the solitaire version of games as I haven't found a gamer in my area...yet. But the solitaire games are fun and when I decide which DVG will be my next purchase, I'll have one more solitaire game to enjoy.
Old 02-02-2014, 09:25 AM

Total Downloaded: 113.50 MB
Nice. If you have any of the VPG "States of Siege" games, then you probably own one with a map of mine.

Sound like you are interested in sub combat. A designer for VPG has started work on a solitaire WWII game of the Battle of the Atlantic you might be interested in. I"m not sure how far along in the design stage it is so I can't say when it will be published, but hopefully in the next year or so.

As for air-to-air games, I played the heck out of "Air Force" back in highschool. Gooood times.
Old 09-26-2015, 04:30 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
Avro,

Studying your first picture in the first post ...

Books and Games.

........l see you have all your Avalon Hill games together. And I am sure I see a copy of Amoeba Wars! One of my all time favourites. Titian was the other.

Up in Central Africa it was one of the few games we had and we played like crazy. I still have it somewhere - all worn and faded!

Still love board game's but rarely p!ay.

So decided it was time again. My wife agrees, so I have ordered a mix of 4 games (being careful to avoid anything too "Euro typish" like Catan etc.).

Arrived - Tatenoko and North West Passage. En route Steam Torpedo and Ticket To Ride Europe. With free expansion pack!

So tomorrow will be cutting out counters (lot fewer though) like in the old day's.
Old 09-28-2015, 11:09 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
Steam Torpedo in. Small game, quickie.

Looks good.

-----------------------

Parts of the others cut out.

Northwest Passage looks like a great game - very suble and strategic!

We'll see!
Old 09-29-2015, 05:36 AM

Total Downloaded: 198.27 MB
There is a review of Panzer Pranks on Board Game Geek:
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/3468/panzer-pranks

There are a few copies of Panzer Pranks listed on Amazon & Ebay.
Prices range between $50 and $100.
Old 07-01-2022, 01:46 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
panzerblitz

i've made quite a few panzerblitz & panzer leader counter sets, which are all posted on boardgamegeek