PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > Other Things We Do & Make

Old 10-25-2008, 12:18 PM

Total Downloaded: 314.05 MB
My other timewasters

My main other timewaster lately has been the 1:1 build on my hobby shop. Due to a few physical issues arising from a fall this spring, progress has been slower than I'd like, but I have finally reached the point of getting one of the rooms finished....three more to go. To maintain peace in the family, the first one completed is the wife's sewing room. I suppose if I completed my space first, that would have brought progress to a complete stop while I indulged my other vices.

My other timewasters-sr-01.jpg

My other timewasters-sr-02.jpg

My other timewasters-sr-03.jpg

My other timewasters-sr-04.jpg

My other timewasters-sr-05.jpg

Among the other vices competing for my time (other than paper modeling) are French flower beading (which I can blame on my ex), cross stitch embroidery (which I have my current wife to blame), gaming (board and computer, including some really vintage stuff....Activision and Atari), plastic and stick-and-tissue modeling, and vintage computers (mainly Commodore Amiga, but I have a fair representation from other Commodore lines going back to the Commodore PET, along with a few trash 80s and Atari stuff), and digitizing my LP collection, which I now quantify by yards of shelf space rather than number of volumes). Oh, yes.....poultry raising, target shooting, and trout fishing also are in the mix. If that isn't enough demand on my time (which after the last few weeks on the stock market is about the only thing I have left), I've started accumulating N-gauge model railroad stuff to satisfy an itch I've had since getting my first American Flyer back in the early 50s. And, if I ever find myself getting bored, I have a 72 Chevy 3/4 ton pickemup to restore, along with trying to make one working treadle sewing machine out of the various parts the other half has accumulated.
Old 10-25-2008, 12:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 314.05 MB
A few pics from the other aspects of my life. The turkey hen represents a rather strange twist...the poor thing was so desperate for a brood that she stole eggs from one of the chickens to hatch. Sadly, none of those chicks survived.

My other timewasters-bug-patrol.jpg

My other timewasters-changelings.jpg

My other timewasters-september-surprise.jpg

My other timewasters-two-frigates.jpg

My other timewasters-earth-wizard-stitched.jpg
Old 10-26-2008, 10:01 AM

Total Downloaded: 591.57 MB
Pretty kool. We are approaching the retirement light at the end @ 5 years and are moving to CApe MAy New Jersey. I plan to follow your example and build a retreat for my hobbies. I'm not wild about the Republik of NJ, to restrictive for my target shooting hobbies but... if the wrong guy gets in the only thing we'll all have is our paper models!