PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > Other Things We Do & Make

Old 07-10-2012, 07:02 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Electric Pencil Sharpener

I didn't actually make an electric pencil sharpener, I did however fix a gear that broke within its drive mechanism. I don't recall the exact amount of teeth or number of layers of cardstock I used to create the replacement gear. I can say it took a ridiculous amount of time. There are easier ways to go about doing this of course. I could've made a mold and cast a copy for instance (would've been far easier and less time consuming). However, I had the time and the idea and wanted to see if it would work. It's a shame when something reaches the end of its usable life and then just gets discarded after all. Sadly, the blade that does the cutting is so worn it's really not worth it to keep the sharpener around any longer (as I have no idea how to go about sharpening the blades on the component), a fact I came to realize only after having repaired it. Anyhow, hopefully someone will enjoy the video and what can be done using just paper and PVA.

Electric Pencil Sharpener