PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > Other Things We Do & Make

Old 11-27-2023, 10:26 AM

Total Downloaded: 726.48 MB
IPMS Fremont Model Show

Normally I just hang in the background and don't really post much anymore. At the beginning of this year I joined the IPMS(International Plastic Modelers Society) because in addition to building Paper/Card Models I also enjoy building Plastic, Balsa and R/C Models. I went to a IPMS Model Show in Sacramento, Ca about 6 months ago and was surprised that they had a category for Paper Models! At this event nobody entered any models.
I noticed that another Model Show was planned in Fremont, CA for the Saturday following Thanksgiving and one of the categories available was Category 48- Paper Models. The event was held at the Fremont Elks Lodge which is not even 5 minutes from my work location. So I decided to enter 4 of my paper models not expecting to win anything but more just to enter a category that IPMS has made for Paper Models. I was the only person who even entered anything for Paper Models and thought "they won't award anything if only one person enters". Well I was wrong and did a sweep of 1st, 2nd and 3rd place with my models.
There were several other categories where there was only one entry and they still would issue an award. I still have a few other paper models that I might enter in a future event, but I will most likely enter some plastic models that I have, not that I expect to win but just to enter.
My main intention in entering my models was to just to show to other modelers what is available and what can be done with paper!
Attached Thumbnails
IPMS Fremont Model Show-img_0595.jpg   IPMS Fremont Model Show-img_0596.jpg   IPMS Fremont Model Show-img_0597.jpg   IPMS Fremont Model Show-img_0598.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 11-27-2023, 10:46 AM

Total Downloaded: 975.07 MB
Nice! Keep showing other modelers what paper modelers can do.
Old 11-27-2023, 11:18 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Congratulations and thanks for sharing the images. It looks like those AFVs would have been winners in any event.

Don
Old 11-27-2023, 03:11 PM

Total Downloaded: 56.00 MB
At the Reno High Rollers IPMS show, they not only had five categories for paper models, but one of the freebies to enter is a paper model (some assembly required).
Old 11-28-2023, 11:37 AM

Total Downloaded: 142.69 MB
Nice job, they must have scared all the other entries away. : )
Google Adsense