PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > Other Things We Do & Make

Old 12-13-2008, 03:11 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
There are those who model anime figures, and alot of them look very life-like, so that might be a good starting point for Betty
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 12-13-2008, 09:31 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 0
A sad day indeed. She was something else....

As to Rick's comment, we'd have to find new ways of forming paper if we hoped to model her in cellulose. Not a task I'd want to take on!

www.geoghegan.us
Current build: GPM Halberstadt DII

Last edited by DrBill; 12-13-2008 at 09:34 PM.
Old 12-13-2008, 10:50 PM

When I first saw pictures of Bettie Page in one of my dad's girlie magazines,the image stuck with me throughout my life as the most beautiful woman in the world. Today's supermodels pale in comparison. There will never be another like her. She is often imitated, but never duplicated. Her memory will live on for generations.
Old 12-14-2008, 10:37 AM

About two years ago I went to a private screening of The Notorious Bettie Page at the HBO building on W 42nd St. in New York City. Bettie was depicted by Gretchen Mol, and did a pretty good job of describing her upbringing and eventual departure from the then-fledgling adult industry. It was interesting to see that she herself was nothing like the character her photos presented her as.
Old 12-14-2008, 10:50 AM
Banned

That was the whole point about Betty Page. She was a normal girl who had fun. If you get your wife or girlfriend to dress up and "play" then you know the attraction ob Betty Page. Even when she was "being naught" you could see in her face a "Hey, this is fun". A lot of people projected their own darker side into what she did. Had she happened in the 1940's she would have been "Nose Art" on many a B-17. She had that kind of beauty. It is sad to hear her father abused her, which explains a lot, but she left an impression on many generations that followed. I saw a picture of her, she looked about 70 years old, she still had the same smile on her face.
Google Adsense
Old 12-14-2008, 11:39 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.84 MB
Sad day indeed. Beautiful to the end.