PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > Other Things We Do & Make

Old 02-10-2009, 12:11 PM

Total Downloaded: 83.31 MB
historic clothing, Civil War, Napoleonic

I make some historic clothing. I am making an Austrian Napoleonic uniform now, and writing a "how to" article for it. I have an offer from Skirmish Magazine to publish the artical when it is done, so that is kind of exciting.

Here is a picture of a brown wool trade hat from the early 1800s. These hats were also popular as late as the Civil War. I made this with 21 ounce wool, and it is lined and lightly stuffed with wool fiber.

The other shots are of my pine wood durby DUKW I made when the kids were having their pine wood durby race. It fit the rules in length, width and wieght, just, and did not win the race, but looked cool!
Attached Thumbnails
historic clothing, Civil War, Napoleonic-wheelhat-brown-wool.jpg   historic clothing, Civil War, Napoleonic-dukwpine1.jpg   historic clothing, Civil War, Napoleonic-dukkwpine3.jpg   historic clothing, Civil War, Napoleonic-dukwpine5.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 02-10-2009, 12:19 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
That DUKW is outstanding!

With regard to period military clothing, are you familiar with the Army Heritage and Education Center here in Carlisle? The U.S. Army Heritage and Education Center (USAHEC)

The annual Army Heritage Day will take place on 16 May of this year. There are always a lot of reenactors and those who collect and make replicas of period military clothing. This year, there will also be a Paper Modelers' table.

Last year's Army Heritage Day:
Army Heritage Day

Don Boose
(My DUKW interest comes from my years of research on my recent book, Over the Beach: US Army Amphibious Operations in the Korean War Combat Studies Institute)
Old 02-10-2009, 12:28 PM

Total Downloaded: 83.31 MB
Hello,
That's pretty cool that they are having a paper modeling table. I do like making and researching clothing, as well as other historic items.

I love the DUKWs. I would love to have one, but my wife says we buy a house first, before dropping $150,000 or more on a toy for me. Priorities and all that!

I would love to get a good paper model of a DUKW!

I hope your book dose well. My wife and I both have finished books (fiction) but have sat on them for years! Rejection from publishers are heart braking!