PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > Other Things We Do & Make

Old 05-16-2013, 08:44 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Virtual Reality City

I like to build in a virtual reality and here is one small part of it. This is a full size city. It has a "Grand Central Station", buses, trucks, taxis, trains, ships and a busy airport. Off to the right is a Memorial Garden where people have left memorials to their loved ones. In addition to this city are dozens and dozens of homes that people have built. There is a complete medieval town with a castle, western towns, 1950s town, winter town, huge carnivals, race tracks. In short a complete virtual world. My world is called America and it is located in ActiveWorlds.
Attached Thumbnails
Virtual Reality City-neophyxcity-1-.jpg   Virtual Reality City-city1.jpg   Virtual Reality City-city2.jpg   Virtual Reality City-city3.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 05-16-2013, 11:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 290.48 MB
You obviously have a fine talent for your virtualworld designs.
These shown are beautiful images, and I admire both their complexity and their elegance.

Thank you so very much for sharing your virtualworld here.
I truly appreciate the beauty I see in the above.

Kind and Respectful Regards Bob, Uyraell.

"Honi-Soit Qui Mal'Y Pense."
"Ill unto He who ill of it thinks."
- Ed.III Rex Britaniam, AD1348.
Old 05-17-2013, 11:05 AM

In the Southwest are some Pueblo ruins and Kong Island from the movie has been recreated. In this particular screen shot he has Faye Wray
Attached Thumbnails
Virtual Reality City-cliff1.jpg   Virtual Reality City-cliff2.jpg   Virtual Reality City-cliffdellers-1-.jpg   Virtual Reality City-kingkong.jpg  
Old 05-17-2013, 08:33 PM

Those views are as stunning as the cityscape!
I'm truly enjoying seeing these.
Kong and Faye Wray are equally impressive complete with each tree and rock.
The pueblo and its' lanscape is as much an eye-opener by being so very evocative.

I greatly enjoy and admire the work I see here.

Old 05-19-2013, 10:03 PM

Here are some quick snapshots of various places. The first being a 16th century monastery.

The 2nd is a 1900 fishing village.

For the last three I know we have those who are interested in OffWorld stuff and these photos represent a borg attack on America
Attached Thumbnails
Virtual Reality City-16th-century-monastery.jpg   Virtual Reality City-1900-fishing.jpg   Virtual Reality City-borg-attack.jpg   Virtual Reality City-borg-attack1.jpg   Virtual Reality City-borg-attack2.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 05-20-2013, 12:03 AM

I have to say I'm awed.
There is so much to attract the viewer's eye in any given image, and each you have shared here has that same factor incorporated.

I'm truly enjoying seeing each of your works here, and wish you every continued success as your virtual-world-scape evolves.

Old 05-20-2013, 11:47 AM

There are those who like Christmas and I have a complete Christmas Village with Santa's workshop and a ski lodge and ski slopes. Builds range from fantasy to a 1910 home. I have also shown some of the interior shots of the home. I did not take a picture, but Santa and his 8 reindeer take off from behind his shop and fly around overhead. The polar express train is in the station and ready to go get another load of visitors.
Attached Thumbnails
Virtual Reality City-christmas.jpg   Virtual Reality City-christmas1.jpg   Virtual Reality City-christmas2.jpg   Virtual Reality City-christmas3.jpg   Virtual Reality City-christmas4.jpg  

Old 05-20-2013, 12:22 PM

No country is complete without a railroad. I have several hundred engines and boxcars ranging from "The General" to modern diesels. The cars are articulated and, for instance, the crane goes up and down and turns 360 degrees. Same for the turn house. The old apartment buildings are based on actual tenements and homes in St. John's, Newfoundland. You can go online and see the actual houses. The trains can be made to roll down the tracks.
Attached Thumbnails
Virtual Reality City-rr1.jpg   Virtual Reality City-rr2.jpg   Virtual Reality City-rr3.jpg   Virtual Reality City-rr4.jpg   Virtual Reality City-rr5.jpg  

Old 05-20-2013, 03:31 PM

This fountain was built around 200AD in ancient Rome. It was the most famous fountain of it's day. It's columns soared 31 meters high and it had many statues of gods and leaders of Rome. It was called Septizodium and when conquering Roman Armies returned they marched down the Via Appia and the captured leaders of the defeated armies viewed this fountain as they passed by the cheering citizens of Rome. Unfortunately, their end was not pleasant. They were marched to the Roman Forum and then put into the black hole called Carca (thus incarcerated) until such time as they were strangled by the wardens. The only known picture of this fountain was drawn around 600AD and only one corner was still standing. Today, even this is gone. In my Virtual Rome the fountain is still standing in all it's glory. Water splashing and spurting from the dolphins and flowing from the waterfalls a full 31 meters.
Attached Thumbnails
Virtual Reality City-rome1.jpg   Virtual Reality City-septizodium.jpg  
Old 05-20-2013, 03:48 PM

In these views of ancient Rome I have the Circus Maximus which was 620 meters long and directly in front of the Capital Palace. The drivers were divided into various teams represented by the colors red, blue, green and yellow. If you were betting on any particular team you could purchase curses for the other teams from vendors. Below the stands were dozens of shops and even prostitutes places of business. Drivers did not last very long because the races were rigged to produce massive wrecks. The longest lived driver lasted just over a year and a half. He earned over 29 million sequesters.

Next is a temple with a highly polished floor and then another temple interior. There were lots of temples in Rome and our own churches were direct copies of Rome's Basilicas.

Last is the Roman Forum. This was the heart of Rome and Caesar and dozens of other leaders delivered their speeches here. The Roman Senate was just behind and to the right of the Rostra where the leaders stood to receive the crowds admiration for their victories and deeds.

Over a million people lived in Rome and it was truly a marvel of it's day.
Attached Thumbnails
Virtual Reality City-rome-circus.jpg   Virtual Reality City-rome3b.jpg   Virtual Reality City-rome-temple.jpg   Virtual Reality City-rome4.jpg   Virtual Reality City-rome.jpg  

Google Adsense