PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > Other Things We Do & Make

Old 05-22-2013, 10:39 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Falling Water VR

I have enjoyed the several posts about a paper Falling Water and decided to attempt one in virtual reality. This is my first shot at it. For the house itself I have laid out a preliminary footprint and roughed in the waterfall. The rock texture floating above the house came from a texture I picked up from several photos of cliff faces. The grey rock making up the mountains is the basic rock face I used in the mountain areas. This area will eventually be very grassy and full of trees, but for now it is much easier to work without them. If it doesn't look as though it will work I will delete all of it and start over. That's part of the fun in building in this manner. Also, the textures on the house itself will be changing as final shape appears. This is the first time I have ever shown the steps I go thru in a build because many times what you see is not what you get
Attached Thumbnails
Falling Water VR-fallingwater1.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 05-24-2013, 01:15 PM

Well, after several deletions and rebuilds I have finally come up with a basic footprint for the building. Since the creek and waterfall figure so prominently I am going to start from there and build the rest of the house accordingly. I really don't understand why there are no windows overlooking the creek at ground level, but I have been unable to find any there. If anyone has a photo showing them I would appreciate it. Here are two photos. One of the actual building and one of the basic VR footprint.
Attached Thumbnails
Falling Water VR-12se-plunge-pool-statue-m.jpg   Falling Water VR-fallingwater2.jpg  
Old 05-26-2013, 11:27 AM

I got a bit more along. It has been a real trial picking the correct flagstones for the floor and then getting the shade just right. Same thing for the windows and doors. They are all odd sizes and require a lot of "tweaking". But anyway I am just coming up to the main floor now. I had not realized just how much terrain played into the picture, but it has a great bearing. When I have finished all of the stone you see right now will be replaced with grass, leaves, trees and bushes.
Attached Thumbnails
Falling Water VR-fallingwater3.jpg  
Old 05-26-2013, 11:31 AM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 576.80 MB
I found out that if you water down some elmers glue with sugar in it and let it dry, then melt the sugar with water, will make foamy bubbly waterish effect.
Old 05-26-2013, 07:10 PM

I can do a foamy water. If you could see this in motion the water is actually flowing past you.
The next two pictures are of the original and a VR recreation.
Attached Thumbnails
Falling Water VR-fallingwater4.jpg   Falling Water VR-balcony-over-waterfall-m.jpg   Falling Water VR-fallingwater5.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 05-26-2013, 07:31 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 576.80 MB
can you post it on tinypics? post a link here to it, I would like to see it, I admire vr graphics.
Old 05-27-2013, 03:17 PM

I now have the main support pillars in position and have brought the balcony down to scale. I'm really excited about the 3 story glass windows coming up. Also, as best I can tell there is a large fireplace located in the support pillar closest to the falls. Hopefully I will be able to get some pics of it.
Attached Thumbnails
Falling Water VR-fallingwater6.jpg  
Old 05-30-2013, 03:47 PM

I now have the bridge in position and am laying out some of the creek bed. The 2nd floor will be the next step in the build.
Attached Thumbnails
Falling Water VR-08sse-driveway-bridge-fallingwater-m.jpg   Falling Water VR-fallingwater7.jpg