PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > Other Things We Do & Make

Old 06-02-2013, 10:02 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.87 GB
One minute film: Daily Ritual

Here's something I did together with my partner a while back in the early fall of 2010. Just added it to Vimeo a while ago.
City One Minutes 2010: Groningen, 15-16:00h Daily Ritual on Vimeo
It was really fun to make. It was part of a 24-part set of one minute clips made by 24 people or teams, each minute representing one hour of the day. We got the 15-1600h time slot. The sequence was shown with other city one minute series at the world exhibition in Shanghai, which was nice.

It also became the root for a 15 minute film we made a couple of weeks later, because the man in the film was in the process of selling his café to a successor. In this film, we let the regulars tell anecdotes and talk about the uniqueness of Ewout's hospitality. We mixed it with the footage we made of him opening the café. The end result was a very heart warming film that brought a little tear to this big man's eyes.
I knew the café and its people well because before I became just a regular there, I tended the bar there for a couple of years. The café still exists and still is just as nice to go to, if you are in Groningen one day, you really should visit it.