PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > Other Things We Do & Make

Old 11-29-2013, 05:41 AM

Total Downloaded: 23.60 MB
Camper

This is one of the reasons I haven't had a lot of build time this year. Actually had it since Augest 2012, but it's been a nightmare over the last 6 months. I'm sure you guys that have old cars know, they need constant looking after. And this has cost me a fortune this year, mostly engine parts.

Full camper interior, sleeps 4 inside and 2 in awning/tent. Cooker, fridge, electric hook up, etc. And 6 people can actually ride inside, I have 6 seats .
Attached Thumbnails
Camper-20131129_112245.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 11-29-2013, 09:26 PM

Total Downloaded: 1,012.17 MB
And I was just thinking about how great it would be to have one of these! I had forgotten just how much trouble they can be.

Curt
Old 11-30-2013, 03:31 AM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulhbell View Post
This is one of the reasons I haven't had a lot of build time this year. Actually had it since Augest 2012, but it's been a nightmare over the last 6 months. I'm sure you guys that have old cars know, they need constant looking after. And this has cost me a fortune this year, mostly engine parts.

Full camper interior, sleeps 4 inside and 2 in awning/tent. Cooker, fridge, electric hook up, etc. And 6 people can actually ride inside, I have 6 seats .
You forgot to mention the steering wheel is on the wrong side....

Thats going to cost another small fortune to fix.

Always wanted one myself. Always liked VWs, had several through the years.

Mike
Old 11-30-2013, 01:29 PM

This is actually my first VW, steering wheel is on the correct side for me. The T25/T3 is getting very popular now, so prices are going up.

Can't really complain about what it's cost me in parts, I knew it need a new exhaust when I got it. But in the last 2 months I've replaced petrol pump, water pump, coil, dizzy cap, plugs, HT leads.

I want it running right for spring, planning a trip to the Normandy beaches.
Old 11-30-2013, 08:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 148.50 MB
Can appreciate the pain of old vehicles, and the time they demand! Torque converter on my '77 Coupe DeVille exploded 10 weeks ago, my daily driver. Ireland is not known for its abundance of American car parts suppliers!
While waiting for parts and getting the box rebuilt i bought a '82 Seville last saturday, total brake failure on wednesday! A '65 Mustang, halfway through a ground up rebuild, Triumph bonnie chop on the bench, Buell trike on the other bench and two VW trikes halfway through, and my brothers '67 beetle sitting in my driveway, 'coz he's no room at his!
My house looks like a scrapyard at the moment! And i have a very understanding wife!
I'm at that stage where i think a horse and trap and a woolie hat are now my best options!
Oh!, and oil ingrained fingers and paper models don't mix!
Cheers... Ray
Google Adsense
Old 12-01-2013, 01:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 95.08 MB
Nice and handy for the air display circuit Paul and maybe a little trip to the Mach Loop just to test the sound proofing. Old vehicles can take up a lot of time anyway but when you cross them with a caravan!. Hope you get a lot of fun out of the beast.
Old 12-01-2013, 02:13 PM

Total Downloaded: 13.06 MB
I think I'd rather have one with the westphalia pop-up, but it does look handy for road trips. We used to take an older micro to the beach for surf weekends. Catch the documentary about these vehicles if you can....
Old 12-02-2013, 02:50 AM

Gixergs, Airshows where one of the reasons I bought it, don't get to see enough through the year. Also wanted to visit some of the WW2 European battlefields, so, planning that for next year.

nebeltex, I looked at 3 pop tops and a couple of tin tops, but I wanted to get 4 people inside. I like all versions of the T25, but if I were to buy another it was be a Doka pick up. A guy in the local club has one, I just like the look of them.

Any way I think the camper is fixed for now, running sweet.