PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > Other Things We Do & Make

Old 12-27-2013, 11:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 271.84 MB
Star Wars Metal Models

Found these on ThinkGeek while shopping for my wife and kids, and couldn't resist getting one for myself.

I ordered the Millennium Falcon, but they shipped the AT-AT Walker instead. Fortunately for me, when I called to complain, they told me not only could I keep the AT-AT Walker, but they'd overnight the Millennium Falcon to get here in time for Christmas!

I decided to build the AT-AT Walker first, since my wife really wants to keep that one, so I could get some experience with the metal models to make sure my Falcon comes out as close to perfect as possible :D There were a few extremely fiddly bits that broke due to excessive bending, but superglue seems to be doing the trick.

Pics of the Falcon will follow tomorrow or whenever I get to it - I have to build the Lego Millennium Falcon, too!
Attached Thumbnails
Star Wars Metal Models-img_0735.jpg   Star Wars Metal Models-img_0731.jpg   Star Wars Metal Models-img_0732.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 12-27-2013, 11:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.67 MB
Oh those are great :D

You'll love that LEGO one to

G1
Old 12-28-2013, 04:37 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.53 MB
Ooh, shiny! Also, which LEGO Falcon? The really big one (10179 model number) or or the smaller one (7965 number)?
Old 12-28-2013, 06:41 AM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
Those Star Wars metal models look good.
I built some non Star Wars metal models. They turned out real good. Luckily I had a small pair of needle nosed pliers to help bend the tabs. And some good magnifying lenses to help see. And some good lighting.
Old 12-28-2013, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legion View Post
Ooh, shiny! Also, which LEGO Falcon? The really big one (10179 model number) or or the smaller one (7965 number)?
Only the 7965. I wish I could get 10179, but it sells for ~$2,500 new.

Maybe some day, like after I win the lottery...
Google Adsense
Old 12-28-2013, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCEtoAUX View Post
Those Star Wars metal models look good.
I built some non Star Wars metal models. They turned out real good. Luckily I had a small pair of needle nosed pliers to help bend the tabs. And some good magnifying lenses to help see. And some good lighting.
I did the first one without a magnifier, but I might use one with the Falcon. I also have a small needle nose pliers, and a small round tip pliers to help with making curves. High precision tweezers are helpful, too - those tabs are tiny!
Old 12-28-2013, 10:54 PM

Millennium Falcon is finished! The metal one, that is, not the Lego one. Our Return of the Jedi viewing and Lego building party was delayed due to a visitor bearing late Christmas gifts, but it's still on for tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails
Star Wars Metal Models-img_0743.jpg   Star Wars Metal Models-img_0746.jpg   Star Wars Metal Models-img_0754.jpg   Star Wars Metal Models-img_0752.jpg   Star Wars Metal Models-img_0751.jpg  

Old 12-31-2013, 12:11 PM

Total Downloaded: 528.19 MB
these guys did a series of sailing ships a while back that were top shelf. I even wrote them hoping they would make a series at double the scale.
Old 01-01-2014, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jleslie48 View Post
these guys did a series of sailing ships a while back that were top shelf. I even wrote them hoping they would make a series at double the scale.
Double scale... or even bigger... that would be sweet! I'd ask for a few other improvements, though... for example, don't perforate the folds, just score them a bit wider/deeper than the other decorative features. The perforation makes it too easy for the metal to break.
Old 01-02-2014, 08:31 AM

Total Downloaded: 528.19 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabeer View Post
Double scale... or even bigger... that would be sweet! I'd ask for a few other improvements, though... for example, don't perforate the folds, just score them a bit wider/deeper than the other decorative features. The perforation makes it too easy for the metal to break.
whats amatter dabeer? your email broke?
Google Adsense