PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > Other Things We Do & Make

Old 04-15-2009, 01:58 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Photos of Birds and Animal

Where I live is marsh and river. I also have gone to an old mine with pits full of water now. It is good place to take pictures of a variety of Florida animal and bird types. I want to take pictures of things I see for my daughter when she is older. I am not with her now but want to share things with her when I can go back to her.

But even at my apartment where i stay I see things like Squirrels. I feed them Jumbo Salted Peanuts. I put peanut by my feet and they come and take it back to tree. I call them and they come to me for nuts. They are like pets for me and I enjoy feeding them.

He sees me with Peanut!...

Now he comes out of hiding and goes for Nut...

And back up in tree he can eat Nut safely and drop shells on me!

At mine out in woods it is very desolate and scary. I do not like to go there. It look lonely and cold in this picture. There are big Alligator or Crocodile there up to 4 meters long in summer.

And cute little yellow bird. He is hard to take picture of becuase he moves often and does not stay perched. You have to wait for him. He is very plump but with very tiny beak. I find Black Berries here to pick and eat also!

This is not best picture but it is large Vulture that circles at mine pit.

Google Adsense
Old 04-15-2009, 02:24 PM

Those are really nice closeups. We feed the squirrels too, but they aren't as tame as yours.
Old 04-15-2009, 02:46 PM

Thank you. I have good inexpensive camera Cannon Powershot SX 100 IS. I have girl friend get it for me for my birthday and I like it very much. I can take photos with zoom very well. The little yellow bird I was maybe 3 meters away waiting. Maybe more. And the water with birds. That was maybe 60 meters. But then I use this for my models very close up.
Old 04-15-2009, 03:09 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Great photos!

Don
Old 04-15-2009, 07:27 PM

Total Downloaded: 86.00 MB
It looks like you have managed to get a pic of a warbler, but I'm puzzleling over which type, I think possibly the wings gray enough and the back yellow enough to be a female Prothonotary, defianately a Florida bird, not just a migrant if it is. Cool bird!
Old 04-15-2009, 09:13 PM

Hmmm ... Florida ... marsh and river area ... abandoned mine pits ... Lala, have you ever seen a "skunk ape"?
Old 04-15-2009, 10:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 125.24 MB
Lala, do you live in Tampa? That looks like a swamp my sister took me to several years ago. We saw a large alligator swimming in the swamp. Nice pictures, especially since you used a digital camera.
Old 04-16-2009, 07:22 AM

Hi Birder! I have other pictures of Warbler but had put up the best picture. Here are other two.

And another

He is very hard bird to take pictures of becuase he is so small to find in camera and he does not sit still. But he come back to the same little bush from the big bush. He lives, I think, in the big bush you see directly above. But he fly out to the little bush by the water or on the ground. If I go back I take bird seed with me to leave by bushes.

I see about Skunk Ape on Monsterquest. Actually I am afraid of that. I saw on internet that Skunk Ape killed hunting dogs at this mine many years ago before mine became reclaimed and left. He is like Almasti from my home. I do not like that mine particularly because it is remote and I do not feel safe there when I have to go. But at the same time it is beautiful and I can see Osprey and King Fisher birds catching fishes. There are wild Black Berries to pick and eat or I take home to bake with. It is berry time now.

Barx I live now in Tampa a while (also Miami, Jacksonville). But the water there is outside of town. But I like the Hillsborough River and places like Hillsborough River State Park and Lettuce Lake Park and there is a park with many kilometer long biking and hiking trails.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:56 AM

Total Downloaded: 86.00 MB
Oops, not a prothonotary, but any warbler is nice even if Frances Lee Jacques reportedly said " the difference between a warbler and no warbler is very slight":D
Old 04-16-2009, 12:47 PM

Location: On a small planet orbiting a yellow star in a galaxy named after a candybar.
Total Downloaded: 3.68 GB
Talking To tell the truth...

When I was in Florida I fed the squirrels too...

[wait for it!]

...to the gators!

:D

The DC
Google Adsense