PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > Other Things We Do & Make

Old 09-21-2014, 07:18 PM
Absolute Final Dimensional Contortionist Judicator

Total Downloaded: 398.11 MB
1:1 Scale Half Model of the Ark of the Covenant

I was contracted by a church to make a 1:1 scale half model of the Ark of the Covenant. It had to be light and durable because it would need to be moved from time to time (ruled out balsa) so I ended up making it out of coroplast, insulation foam board and Aves Apoxiesculpt. Oh...and a couple cans of rattle paint (and no, it's not all gold...)
Attached Thumbnails
1:1 Scale Half Model of the Ark of the Covenant-img_7714.jpg   1:1 Scale Half Model of the Ark of the Covenant-img_7736.jpg   1:1 Scale Half Model of the Ark of the Covenant-img_7735.jpg   1:1 Scale Half Model of the Ark of the Covenant-img_7739.jpg   1:1 Scale Half Model of the Ark of the Covenant-img_7741.jpg  

1:1 Scale Half Model of the Ark of the Covenant-img_7743.jpg   1:1 Scale Half Model of the Ark of the Covenant-img_7746.jpg   1:1 Scale Half Model of the Ark of the Covenant-img_7748.jpg   1:1 Scale Half Model of the Ark of the Covenant-img_7749.jpg   1:1 Scale Half Model of the Ark of the Covenant-img_7750.jpg  

1:1 Scale Half Model of the Ark of the Covenant-img_7751reduced.jpg   1:1 Scale Half Model of the Ark of the Covenant-img_7752.jpg   1:1 Scale Half Model of the Ark of the Covenant-img_7753reduced.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 09-21-2014, 07:41 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.24 GB
Dear Armorman:
Do you wish that it could have been the whole thing? Rather than 1/2? Going to that much work I would have liked to walk around the whole thing pols and all. Nice Looking are you going to sneak on some tracks?
Miles
Old 09-22-2014, 07:38 AM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Miles, the tracks may be underneath so that it can be moved easier.

Armorman, When I've done props with insulation board, I never did anything this detailed. I used the heated 'cutters' for getting shapes, but how do you carve the detailed areas?

BTW... it looks fantastic. I imagine they were very pleased. If they aren't, they can always send it to me
Old 09-22-2014, 09:34 AM
Absolute Final Dimensional Contortionist Judicator

Total Downloaded: 398.11 MB
The total weight is like 5 lbs and did not require any runners or anything to aid in movement.

I roughed out the shape as seen, then covered it with Aves Apoxiesculpt (see pics 2-7) for the detailing.

Sorry, they did like it.