PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > Other Things We Do & Make

Old 12-10-2014, 09:06 PM

Total Downloaded: 42.66 MB
deinocheirus sculptris WIP

i'm started to get into digital skulpting. as my first program, i desided to install sculptris into my computer. i LOVE this program. it's such a simple program that is so easy to get use to. i plan on getting z brush in the near future.

anyway, heres my build so far. the animal presented here is deinocheirus mirificus. based on the new uncovered bones, deinocheirus was a toothless, 12 meter long, feathered, horse- headed, humped back goose with nine foot arms. in shorter terms, Deinocheirus (Smile)
new recent discovery shows that it had a much deeper mandable then previously though. as well as evidence of a pygostyle. which means it could of supported a fan of feathers on its tail. what's also interesting is evidence of piscivorous activities. so evidently, deinocheirus was more of an omnivore. being able to take in plants and any animals that could of fit into it's mouth. as well as swallowing gastroliths to help grind up tough vegetation in their bellies.

heres some pics of my progress

Google Adsense
Old 12-11-2014, 12:14 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
Interesting animal Frederico and looks like a good render. Glad to see you're progressing into digital design and rendering.
Old 12-11-2014, 02:40 PM

thanks. i am enjoying this program very much

more progress

Old 12-11-2014, 02:45 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.39 GB
This is extraordinary! How do you make the rinkles at the throat and all the other shapes?
Old 12-15-2014, 09:22 AM

sculptris gives a large aray of sculpting tools such as grab, pinch, crease, smooth, draw, inflate, etc. it really is the combination of these tools that allows you to create such work. i, myself am still learning how to use the program.

now heres some new work. unfortunately for reasons unknown to me, sculptris ends up crashing as soon as i try to even grab something, making my capability to add more detail absolutely zero. i don't even have a chance to further detail the tail or legs. i haven't even placed claws on them yet and the fourth digit . it is now officially, getting on my nerves. so i decided to just go ahead and color it.

Google Adsense