PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > Other Things We Do & Make

Old 05-19-2009, 12:27 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
My Italian Symphony

Hello Everyone,

It’s been quite a while since I’ve posted any progress on my Berlin build :o. I apologize for that, but I have had a lot going on lately.

First, and most important - I finally got a job! :D If you didn’t know, I was laid off last October when my graphic design position of 16 year was outsourced to India. I was looking for work ever since and it made for very long, very cold winter. Two weeks ago a GREAT graphic design job came open and I was hired on the spot. Whew! A much more laid-back atmosphere and significantly better pay than the old job. It WAS nice not having to wake up to an alarm clock every morning though!

Also, now that the snow has finally melted off and the volcano isn’t spewing ash I’ve been getting out on my motorcycle more. I love my Ducati and in my humble opinion it is the most beautiful motorcycle ever made. It spends the winter parked in my living room because I consider it a piece of sculpture. Every time I ride it I feel like the luckiest guy in the world.

We’ve had more sunny days so far this spring than we did all last year. It has been SO nice! The attached photos are from one of my favorite rides south of Anchorage on the Seward Highway. The scenery is beautiful (although at triple digit speeds you really don't spend much time looking around ). When the salmon are running you can watch Beluga whales out in the water. It doesn’t take many nice days like this to make one forget about the miserably long and cold winter we had.

Anyway, between the new job, the motorcycle (and bicycling too), I’ve been keeping busy. I HAVE made some progress on the Berlin though and I hope to have some new photos of that to share soon .

Cheers, Corbin

PS: If any of you ever get up this way be sure to let me know. I always enjoy playing tour guide!
Attached Thumbnails
My Italian Symphony-ride1.jpg   My Italian Symphony-ride2.jpg   My Italian Symphony-ride3.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 05-19-2009, 05:16 AM

Total Downloaded: 19.54 MB
Congratulations on the new job Corbin. It sounds like you are enjoying it.
Old 05-19-2009, 07:23 AM

That all worked out well! Very nice bike, and doubles as living room decoration as well!
Old 05-19-2009, 07:28 AM

All cycles are great! My favorite is man-powered. Beautiful terrain you get to see, you are very lucky! Congratulations on finding what sounds like a dream job to me.

Old 05-19-2009, 01:01 PM
Eternal Member

Location: Curently live in High Desert country, Redmond, Oregon to be specific.
Send a message via AIM to Ashrunner
I love remember that area from my time in Alaska. It is a gorgeous drive. I used to go down to that roadside park and watch the Belugas and the bore tide roll in. Always impressive. Congrats on the job also.
Google Adsense
Old 05-19-2009, 04:13 PM
Aviation Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to dansls1
Nice bike! Funny thing is I get the same feeling when I drive the GTO - and it's been my daily driver for over 5 years