PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > Other Things We Do & Make

Old 07-19-2015, 02:35 PM

Total Downloaded: 37.51 MB
raleigh gran course; reynolds 531c

I commute to my place of work 3 miles away, weather permitting, on this: I like road bikes.
cbg
Attached Thumbnails
Any other bicyclists out there?-sm_gran_course1.jpg  
Old 07-19-2015, 03:47 PM

Total Downloaded: 113.01 MB
I ride a lot and am near to you (as John stated) I sent you a PM...
Old 07-20-2015, 12:41 AM

Total Downloaded: 613.72 MB
Looks like I mis-typed a few words to the point the sentence makes no sense:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparrowhawk View Post
...on a dietance of kilomters one way.
should read: "on a distance of 4 to 5 Kilometers one way."
Building: Cavalier Mustang chase plane by David Winfield, 1:33
Not a native english Speaker. Thus, constructive criticism is always welcome!
Old 07-20-2015, 02:10 AM

Total Downloaded: 313.47 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to murphyaa Send a message via Skype™ to murphyaa
I used to love biking, and used to ride 30 miles a day when I was younger (Way, way younger). I'd be riding now if my knees would let me. I don't own a car, and hopefully I can get a route that lets me work out of the garage that's only about 2 miles from my apartment (got my fingers crossed). If I get it, I plan on digging the bike out of storage, and wearing every knee brace I can find to ride to work. Plus, if I get really paranoid, I can bring my bike with me (just stick it in the bike rack on the front of the bus).
Old 07-20-2015, 11:03 PM

Total Downloaded: 613.72 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbg View Post
I commute to my place of work 3 miles away, weather permitting, on this: I like road bikes.
cbg
This is one beautiful slim steeltube frame. Love those classic lines!
Building: Cavalier Mustang chase plane by David Winfield, 1:33
Not a native english Speaker. Thus, constructive criticism is always welcome!
Google Adsense
Old 07-21-2015, 01:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
Aaron, they don't require you to have a car now when you're hired? Was mandatory when I was hired. Don't let them catch you carrying your bike around on the rack since you're blocking a customer space.
Old 07-22-2015, 05:59 AM

Total Downloaded: 8.01 MB
I rode for about 8 years, raced for 7 of those through high school and college, then got burnt out. I haven't touched my bike in about 2 months, sadly, but I'm hoping to get back into it soon
Old 08-04-2015, 08:43 AM

Total Downloaded: 47.69 MB
I've been riding bicycles ever since I was 7 years old(and that's late by Dutch standards :-).Never had a car only motorcycles.
These days I have a beaten up Peugeot for shopping and for short trips around town I use a Cumberland "Fixie".

Just today I bought a Batavus Intercycle Sprint from 1976 for longer distances and also have a Gazelle Grand Champion 'semi racer' from 1977 as a restoration project...
Attached Thumbnails
Any other bicyclists out there?-cumberland.jpg   Any other bicyclists out there?-batavus.jpg   Any other bicyclists out there?-gazelle.jpg  
Old 08-04-2015, 09:06 AM

Total Downloaded: 8.70 MB
Hello Wayne,
Fellow MSP "metro" resident, well if you consider Waconia close enough to the metro. While I haven't been actively riding the past few years, 4 kids in 4 years will do that, I hope to get back into the riding swing with the family soon. 3 of the 4 kids are off training wheels so perhaps next summer we can get out and enjoy the western suburbs trail system. Finding out that MSP has a great set of trails to enjoy. Trying to locate ones that I don't have to worry about a 6,5, and 3 year old twins getting squashed by cars.

Growing up in SW Minnesota the only thing I had to look out for was the occasional Tractor coming out of the fields.

Darren
Old 08-04-2015, 10:46 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.27 GB
Hey fellow cyclists!

I have an 20-something year old Raleigh Technium (& yes the glue on the joints has held up) and a resurrected Diamondback mountain bike which I rescued from someone's trash. I enjoy riding whenever I can. I am very committed to the idea that a bicycle is a road vehicle, having ridden seriously since I was 19. But I have to chime in with the others about a dangerous riding environment, particularly here in the Front Range (Northern Colorado, USA).

Anytime a cyclist issue comes up in any local forum, and there have been several notable cases locally of car vs bicycle road rage, there was even a case of a person getting killed by a car during a bicycle rally. The anger and invective from the auto drivers always amazes me.

I am an old guy, I do not run red lights on my bike, I take care that I am in the bike lane where available, and I am a generally peacable guy. Yet I am constantly seeing cars roaring down the street at more than the speed limit with half of the auto in the bike lane while the driver is texting or argueing on a cel phone or with a passenger.

Between the threats of angry anti-bike drivers and driving distracted. It doesn't make me feel very safe on the road.

I hope these situations get better, I would rather bike than drive.

Formerly Styrene

aka David
Google Adsense