PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > Other Things We Do & Make

Old 01-02-2016, 03:50 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.51 MB
I have two bikes: an awesome Mongoose Hill Topper mountain bike, purchased from the local PD bike auction (unclaimed lost & found), and a Sentinel Californian big frame 10-speed I received as a kid for Christmas. I restored it about 6 years ago, rode awhile, and kind of quit riding when I got too busy with other things.

The first pic is just before restoration. The handlebar foam is worn through in places, the seat is pretty much done, and back rim bent from all the curb hopping I did as a kid (my previous bike was a Roger DeCosta BMX bike). For some reason I thought the mirror was cool back then.

The second is after a thorough cleaning, full maintenance of all mechanicals, a new back rim, Specialized Commuter seat, Bar Phat foam tape, Specialized speedo/computer and bottle holder, and new tires.

Shortly after restoring it, I replaced the pedals with some Shimano M324 SPDs, bought some Specialized Sport MTB shoes, and reinstalled the seat correctly. I later bought a stationary trainer for inclement weather. Almost fell off the bike trying to answer my cell phone across the room while clipped in with the new shoes. I think that was the last time I rode it.

Now, why the Heck don't I ride it? Beats me - I guess that'll be my New Years resolution: start riding my bike again.
Attached Thumbnails
Any other bicyclists out there?-sentinel1.jpg   Any other bicyclists out there?-sentinel2.jpg  

(insert clever signature comment here)