PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > Other Things We Do & Make

Old 07-24-2015, 05:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.42 GB
One of the best "hoppers" in my country

Hello everyone,

Ever since I visited Bristol after two years of returning (I lived there for six years and a half), I caught a few frogs at my mum's friend's garden pond. Since then, I got the interest into frogs. So when I wanted to get my pet tree frog a friend, I went out of the city to the countryside. I went to this flooded rice field and saw plants that grow at ponds, and heard croaking. Then I saw five dark spotted pond frogs in the water so I caught him with a small cup (I used cups to catch fish at Brandon hill) and put him in the frog tank. At first the tree frog was curious about the other one since he never saw other frogs except his type. Then he accidentally landed on the one I got and the one underneath SCREAMED. I never knew these types screamed too. Then today morning, they both seem calm and got used to eachother. Im still here at the countryside, so its full of insects to eat. But I'll have to feed separately since the tree frog is a MASTER at hunting down prey.

What frogs do you guys see in your countries?
Attached Thumbnails
One of the best "hoppers" in my country-tmp_3626-screenshot_2015-07-24-20-24-191771758979.jpg   One of the best "hoppers" in my country-tmp_3626-screenshot_2015-07-25-08-15-431891150468.jpg   One of the best "hoppers" in my country-tmp_3626-screenshot_2015-07-25-08-15-172116150919.jpg  
Old 07-24-2015, 05:28 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
Dong-Woo,

Posted a link to this thread here....

Wildlife (mammals, reptiles etc) Pics

.....which is where this stuff normally goes. A lot of people are interested in this may miss it otherwise.
Old 07-24-2015, 08:03 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.42 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin WS View Post
Dong-Woo,

Posted a link to this thread here....

Wildlife (mammals, reptiles etc) Pics

.....which is where this stuff normally goes. A lot of people are interested in this may miss it otherwise.
Thanks, that thread is very interesting! I don't get to see a lot of wildlife creatures at Seoul......
Old 07-24-2015, 09:48 PM

Total Downloaded: 117.66 MB
I am from the UK but living in Malaysia.

My house is between padi fields and a small river. The frog chorus after rain is loud enough to keep you awake at night.
Apart from frogs we have skinks, lizards, some small some almost 5ft long. Lots of birds and some snakes. So far the only thing I avoid is the Black Cobra snake of which there are quite a few and I keep a wary eye out for scorpions but have only seen one in 8 years.

I should take some pictures and post to the mentioned reptile thread.