PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > Other Things We Do & Make

Old 09-06-2015, 12:19 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
Thanks at6.

Hadn't knew about Prop 47, just Goggled it. A few good ideas and a lot of bad ideas. Thanks for the tip about Craigslist, will have to keep an eye on it.

When I ever get settled out there, we should meet up for lunch sometime. Especially since it looks like I'll probably be doing a trip a month up there just to source stuff not available in Tulare/Visalia area: like Sprouts and Barnes & Noble.
Old 09-07-2015, 01:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.02 GB
Whulsey, That would be fun. There aren't that many paper modelers around here it seems. The modelers here are still stuck in the age of plastic. We still don't have Hobby Lobby yet.
Old 09-07-2015, 05:26 PM

There's a Hobby Lobby in Visalia, although I don't really shop them.
Old 09-08-2015, 01:05 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.02 GB
I don't roam that far south since it wouldn't be cost effective to go there and back.
Old 09-08-2015, 04:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 125.32 MB
Sorry for your loss Wayne. I had my storage locker broken into a few years back with similar results, they were after my stereo equipment and tools. The model boxes that got in their way were stepped on or tossed about. As far as Prop 47 goes, I don't think it matters that much. I think criminals commit a crime and then maybe, worry about the consequences. Most probably don't think they will ever get caught. It's still a bitch though. Feeling your pain.

Bob
Old 09-09-2015, 11:07 AM

Bob, you're probably right on that especially for druggies. They're just "thinking" about what they need to do to get their next high.

Now I just need to do to fix the situation as much as possible. Either bite the bullet and shell out for heavy duty window bars installed as a long term fix, or go with Xfinity or ADAP security and the monthly fee when being on the quote fixed income unquote of retirement. Nobody ever promised it would be easy.