PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > Other Things We Do & Make

Old 12-07-2016, 04:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
Mini Drone

Help! Somebody hide my Credit Cards. I keep running into this advert on practically every blog I visit.
High Quality Original JJRC H37 6-Axis Gyro ELFIE WIFI FPV 720P HD Camera Quadcopter Foldable G-sensor Mini RC Selfie Drone from tomtop.com
It's even on Facebook. I just can't hide from it ... So I guess my PayPal account is gonna get hit again. I suppose I could wrap it up with my name on it ... put it under the tree ... and insist it musta been Santa. Trouble is, coming from China, I doubt it'll get here in time.

Whoa there Johnny. I just noticed it's controlled by a smartphone. Which I ain't got. Pretty sure there'll be one in me stocking though. I've had to contact their Q&A to find out if it'll work to a Windows Phone. I bet it only works on Apple iOS or Android.
Old 12-07-2016, 04:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 679.43 MB
Never ever get a drone controlled by a smart phone.

First, the controls are sloppy, but more than that, the apps used will steal your personal information and send your credit card info to every hacker around the world.

get one with real RC controls.

Isaac
Old 12-07-2016, 05:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
Isaac, I've got two RC Helicopters and an RC Hobsan X4 video drone, but since the Chemo destroyed the nerves in my fingers, I just cannot control them with joysticks.. I have virtually no sense of touch in my finger tips and a permanent annoying tingling in the fingers and palms.

Looking at the videos in the advert, I reckon I could manage prodding a screen OK. Might have to use a prod though as I found out on a tablet, my finger tips are non conductive so touch screens just ignore them. At this price level it's gotta be worth a try.

Type of smart phone needed can swing me either way though. If it only works on iOS, I ain't about to buy an iphone just to control it, and if it needs Android, again good ones are more than I want to pay ... and I don't talk Android anyway, so I'd have to re-educate.

Whereas Win10 smartphones are being sold off dirt cheap now. Buy £20 of Vodafone pay-as-you-go air time and they'll throw in a Lumia 550 for another £35. And I'm already fluent in Win10. Dunno how they do it though, as the Win10 OS costs £99.

Shoot, all you've done is talk me into it now. I'll wait 'til I hear back about the required OS though.
Old 12-07-2016, 10:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb...xis+Gyro+ELFIE
I also found this very interesting and thought it might be fun to buy one.

However, I was a bit too impressed by the videos showing the impressive flight characteristics
and video quality of this camera drone.
And so I decided to look for a more unbiased review of the item.

This is a little more revealing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0owtWeyXlQA

Looks like you get $40 worth of camera drone for $40.
So, its not a complete rip off.
Just don't expect it to do what better drones can do.

I say, for those with finger/touch problems, flying from a larger tablet would be a better idea?