PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > Other Things We Do & Make

Old 06-07-2018, 04:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 322.93 MB
Bicycles

One of the other things I do during summer is biking.That is the major reason my modeling slows down considerably from May to November.

This is my workhorse.Old Trek 930 with street slicks and butterfly handlebars.
My other wheels is Devinci Oslo.It gets used on weekends when I go to ride on Toronto's bike paths.700c wheels and rigid frame are no good for banging around Brampton.I need above pictured mountain bike for that.

On average I do 200km Monday-Friday and another maybe 100-150sh on weekends.All depends on weather and how my back feels.
Google Adsense
Old 06-07-2018, 05:27 PM

Total Downloaded: 197.92 MB
Looks just like Rata's but his still has the training wheels....

MS
Live, Laff, Love...
Old 06-07-2018, 05:44 PM

Total Downloaded: 331.88 MB
Nice bicycle, it is good to take walks and it is good exercise
Old 06-07-2018, 06:04 PM

That's how I got into bikes-exercise.After I quit smoking I was suggested to increase lung capacity with some kind of regime and since walking is a no-go (work related) biking it is.I use to motorcycle years back so it was easy.No gas,insurance,expensive parts and all that nonsense.

BTW-if anyone expects to loose weight with bike you can forget it.Your fat will turn slowly into more bigger muscles and those are heavier than fat.I slimmed down but my weight jumped from 205 to 230 within 3 years and I'm in much better shape than I was.
Old 06-07-2018, 06:06 PM

Total Downloaded: 197.92 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butelczynski View Post
That's how I got into bikes-exercise.After I quit smoking I was suggested to increase lung capacity with some kind of regime and since walking is a no-go (work related) biking it is.I use to motorcycle years back so it was easy.No gas,insurance,expensive parts and all that nonsense.

BTW-if anyone expects to loose weight with bike you can forget it.Your fat will turn slowly into more bigger muscles and those are heavier than fat.I slimmed down but my weight jumped from 205 to 230 within 3 years and I'm in much better shape than I was.
Doesn't it get cold up there?

MS
Live, Laff, Love...
Google Adsense
Old 06-07-2018, 06:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 331.88 MB
This will make them funny, I never learned to ride a bicycle, when I was a child I saw a bus trample a cyclist and I think I was traumatized and I never wanted to ride a bike. You left smoking and changed the bad habit for a very healthy one, I I did too late, now I have a chronic lung disease that every day worsens little by little. Everything is a great effort, even simple things. For those who have this addiction I tell them to make an effort and try to leave it as you, grab the bike, walk, swim or whatever before it's too late
Old 06-07-2018, 06:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Of course it does, but it also gets warm. It's called 'seasons'

I don't think I could ever be happy in a place with no seasons
Old 06-07-2018, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelS View Post
Doesn't it get cold up there?

MS
It does but if I pedal hard enough I supply my own heat.I bike until 10 deg Celsius or so and usually stop because tire rubber gets hard and ride becomes dangerous.
Old 06-08-2018, 05:46 AM

Total Downloaded: 591.57 MB
being a connoisseur of bicycles I totally agree with the exercise component. biking is low impact on the joints, can be great cardio and depending on the trails/routes you get to see things you miss using any other transport. I can't count the animals I've "spooked" in the am that were doing animal things. I build (assemble) bikes from pre built frames. I love the surly line of all steel and don't go higher than 105/ultegra parts for components. I think 105 and 9 speed cassettes are the pinnacle of bike gearing. I saw an electric shift rig the other day and was not impressed. agree with the weight loss conundrum, you will lose the weight if you don't stop at the donut shop on the ride, to "replenish blood sugar". ride on brother!
Old 06-08-2018, 06:16 PM

I spook deer on regular bases first thing in the morning in craziest locations along bike routes including VERY close to busy roads,parking lots of schools etc.Skunks around me know me already and don't even bother running away (for some reason skunks like me for many years in different places),bunnies,raccoons,gees and odd otter in some parks.Sometimes I exchange stories with strangers along the way and everyone has the same /similar experiences.

I wanted Surly framed bike but when my previous Kona got stolen I found this Trek for 100$.It's from "handmade"line Trek use to have and it's super.I don't want thief magnet so this one stays.

Eveyone,feel free to post your bikes here.
Google Adsense