PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > Other Things We Do & Make

Old 06-24-2018, 07:32 AM

Total Downloaded: 331.88 MB
Reflecting

A moment of reflection. I was watching a movie about the Battle of Guadalcanal, here in my country the title is "The thin red line", a great movie that tells the misery, misery, madness, despair, pain, everything a war It brings.And as simple and good people lose their sanity and become wild monsters.I was very moved, I even got glazed, it is very sad.And I wonder if one day we will end this madness, I am pessimistic in this, Although I believe in humanity, we always find a reason to kill us, for power, religion, a piece of land, economy, politics, or whatever. And everything that history left us seems not to reach to teach us what this madness Instead of building tanks, planes and weapons, we would be doing animals, buildings, etc. Maybe my thought is silly, it's in our nature to kill ourselves for anything. I do not know if this interests someone , this movie caused me this reflection. I want to express my respects to all those who have suffered a war, whether veterans, relatives, or civilians, of any side, the suffering is the same for everyone. Sincerely, Sergio
Google Adsense
Old 06-24-2018, 08:03 AM

Total Downloaded: 197.92 MB
Sergio,

Yes you are right my friend. And Guadalcanal was just one of so many terrible episodes. See Thumb Dogs "Bandages & Baguettes" thread.

The only hope I can offer is this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Pinker

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Be..._of_Our_Nature

He offers some hope that mankind will survive long enough to actually grow up.

MS
Live, Laff, Love...
Old 06-24-2018, 11:41 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.43 MB
Unfortunately with a burgeoning world population, while at the same time resources are becoming increasingly vital and at the same time increasingly scarce, even the most basic of resources, like clean water and food, and the weather and natural disasters becoming increasingly violent and destructive, it doesn't bode well for the future, to be certain.

I heard someone sum it up this way recently, at least the change in perceptions and mindset over the years... "In the 60's, we thought in 30 years we'd be living on the Moon and riding in spaceships... Nowdays we wonder in 30 years if we'll be living in caves and riding on donkeys..."

Quite true...

Later! OL J R
Old 06-25-2018, 04:58 AM

For the good of humanity we hope that future generations will be smarter, take the good and correct the mistakes we have made throughout history
Old 06-25-2018, 06:33 AM

Total Downloaded: 591.57 MB
have you seen our "future" children? at least those here in the states. they are self absorbed soft mollycoddled little gits that couldn't figure out how to water a plant or feed a puppy. they are the what else can you do for me generation. I wonder if the peoples of the Egyptian dynasties and so on had such offspring that led to their demise and consequently all the other great empires that have vanished into dust. sometimes I think the comedian/mma fighter Joe Rogan is right, we will have to start over when all the smart people die out.
Google Adsense
Old 06-25-2018, 11:18 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.43 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMDRTED View Post
have you seen our "future" children? at least those here in the states. they are self absorbed soft mollycoddled little gits that couldn't figure out how to water a plant or feed a puppy. they are the what else can you do for me generation. I wonder if the peoples of the Egyptian dynasties and so on had such offspring that led to their demise and consequently all the other great empires that have vanished into dust. sometimes I think the comedian/mma fighter Joe Rogan is right, we will have to start over when all the smart people die out.
Yes... quite true... but every generation feels "let down" by the generation coming up behind them, to some extent.

I do agree that this "everybody gets a trophy" generation now REALLY makes one wonder what the heck the world is going to come to...

Later! OL J R
Old 06-25-2018, 12:24 PM

I see young people and children absorbed by technology, the internet, video games and all that. If you are in a family reunion they are always with your cell phone. It is true that they learn things that took us a long time due to lack of information. And most prefer to stay at home instead of going to the countryside to enjoy nature, "dude here there is no signal or Wi-Fi, this is boring" they say. But not all is lost and I have some hope in them although it will be difficult to correct everything that we have been spoiling since the beginning.
Old 06-25-2018, 01:00 PM

Total Downloaded: 197.92 MB
Some children still get outside. In our free mini clinic we do not allow cell phones on property under 17 years.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/iyX7nLZjS8fUENfv8
Live, Laff, Love...
Old 06-25-2018, 01:57 PM

What beautiful images, as I said, not everything is lost, here there are also many children who enjoy nature, that's why I continue with hope.
Old 09-10-2018, 05:10 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.34 GB
Most of the 'kids' around appear to have a fascination with 'celebrity' status, not for doing anything as lame as 'doing' anything but just for its own sake. I see this as extremely sad. There is also a sense of entitlement that I do not get, 'want it now' mentality and whether it is affordable or not 'want it'. Then I come across children of good friends and the opposite is true, for whatever reason, perception depends on exposure. Littering the planet is at epidemic proportions and we have only ourselves to blame, we want each succeeding generation to have things we could never have and it ends up with a lot of lazy and lazy minded half wits who as has been pointed out, cannot accept losing. Consider Serena Williams latest hairball moment. We can only hope this reduces in time and sense returns to its proper place in life, good sense and outlook. Nurse, time for my next dose of happy pills........
Google Adsense