PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > Other Things We Do & Make

Old 07-29-2018, 12:49 AM

Total Downloaded: 871.99 MB
1/25 Cars I Used To Do

Mostly AMT/MPC Round2 re-issues. Airbrushed with cheap artist's acrylics (tube type) and thinned with Windex that can be mixed to match original factory colours- eg. the '65 El Camino is done in Artesian Torquoise. Oversprayed with Future equivalent and polished with Tamiya Compound.
I like to build either stock or competition versions , preferably one of each if I can get hold of two kits. Custom versions I don't usually bother with unless the kit offers an appealing build option.

Got more to show if anyone's interested.
Attached Thumbnails
1/25 Cars I Used To Do-img_8597.jpg   1/25 Cars I Used To Do-img_8599.jpg   1/25 Cars I Used To Do-img_8605.jpg   1/25 Cars I Used To Do-img_8607.jpg   1/25 Cars I Used To Do-img_8608.jpg  

1/25 Cars I Used To Do-img_8609.jpg   1/25 Cars I Used To Do-img_8610.jpg   1/25 Cars I Used To Do-img_8611.jpg   1/25 Cars I Used To Do-img_8602.jpg   1/25 Cars I Used To Do-img_8603.jpg  

1/25 Cars I Used To Do-img_8619.jpg   1/25 Cars I Used To Do-img_8620.jpg   1/25 Cars I Used To Do-img_8622.jpg  
Old 07-29-2018, 06:21 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.24 GB
Super models, with outstanding paint jobs!!
Old 07-29-2018, 09:53 AM

Total Downloaded: 317.47 MB
Great models.
El Camino is fantastic! Very realistic. What brand is the last vehicle? Buick, Ford, Packard or something different?

Oh, and one more thing. Where are Holdens and Australian Fords!?
Old 07-29-2018, 09:54 AM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
Some nice work, always wondered about if artist's acrylics would work. I'm still pretty much a Model Master and Humbrol enamels guy.

Being in Australia, you should have switched the steering over to rhd since its an Australian body. Note the plain rear body were the American built had seams on either side since it was a separate stamping. The story I heard on it was when AMT decided to tool up the phaeton body, they used Dick Strichfield's (Car Craft, Hot Rod, SEMA, LA Roadsters) car as reference. What nobody thought about was his was build with a body imported from Australia and no one caught the differences in rear stampings. I meet him many years ago at the Knott's All Ford Show were he was showing his 1942 Ford GPW jeep, which is when I learned that Ford had build a lot of the Jeeps. His was an early production so still had a lot of Ford script parts until the War Department demanded Ford not mark the parts.
Old 07-29-2018, 11:04 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.75 GB
Great work
Old 07-29-2018, 11:13 AM

Total Downloaded: 197.92 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by whulsey View Post
Some nice work, always wondered about if artist's acrylics would work. I'm still pretty much a Model Master and Humbrol enamels guy.

Being in Australia, you should have switched the steering over to rhd since its an Australian body. Note the plain rear body were the American built had seams on either side since it was a separate stamping. The story I heard on it was when AMT decided to tool up the phaeton body, they used Dick Strichfield's (Car Craft, Hot Rod, SEMA, LA Roadsters) car as reference. What nobody thought about was his was build with a body imported from Australia and no one caught the differences in rear stampings. I meet him many years ago at the Knott's All Ford Show were he was showing his 1942 Ford GPW jeep, which is when I learned that Ford had build a lot of the Jeeps. His was an early production so still had a lot of Ford script parts until the War Department demanded Ford not mark the parts.
I just love this kind of "weird history" kind of stories..
Live, Laff, Love...
Old 07-29-2018, 12:50 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.02 GB
Sweet models there.
Old 07-29-2018, 01:18 PM

Total Downloaded: 331.88 MB
Cool, beautiful models, both yours and Michael's look beautiful. Now this makes me even more suspicious. They build planes on another scale, now they show their "plastic" cars, uuuummmm, I wonder what will follow.
Old 07-29-2018, 02:38 PM

Total Downloaded: 248.16 MB
Dam, I tried to fault your models but I failed.
Anyone can assemble a kit but few can produce a model.
You do, so congratulations on being a fine modeler.
Little things matter, very impressed with the badges on the tilly and tyre lettering on o'll 61.
Yes, I for one am interested in seeing more please.
Clive.
Old 07-29-2018, 03:41 PM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
That's some fine work right there. Model show prize winning material. I've never heard of airbrushing thinned tube acrylics before, but it obviously works very well. I'm interested in the markings on the red dragster. I'm familiar with the vintage USA NHRA designation A/SR to designate A/Street Roadster, but I've never seen "A/R". Is that an Australian class? The R can't stand for roadster, obviously.
Google Adsense