PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > Other Things We Do & Make

Old 11-30-2018, 08:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 9.39 MB
My 'other' hobby- Paranormal News Today. (YT Channel)

Pretty sure this is the appropriate place to put this. If not, or if it's not allowed, I'm sure rickstef or another admin will take care of it and I'll tender my apologies in advance rather than take the 'thousand exacto blade cuts of remorse' punishment....

Wait, we don't do that anymore?
Damn. Leave for a few years and everyone gets all pacifist.

So, for those long time members here, I'm back after a prolonged hiatus- which included the death of my first wife, getting married again, ect. Years fly by. Grief consumes and fades away, life starts over. Idle hands become the Devil's Tools.

So, in the meantime, I needed something to do (not being quite in the modeling mood at the time). So about two years ago I started my own YT channel covering the Paranormal/UFOs, ect...

But not the way the 'other' channels do it.

I got tired of all the crap on YT- literally blatant photo shopped videos being touted as real footage and the fanboy 'believers' being bilked just for views and ad $$$$... So hence, PNT- or Paranormal News Today.

The idea was:

"Gee, what if the evening news reported on and took these things seriously instead of just dismissing them out of hand? What if they educated the public on the easily identified common causes instead of jumping immediately to "it's an alien!"

We, on the other hand, take an open minded, reason based (Occam's Razor) approach. Show all sides of the issue, lay out the facts, do the research, let the viewers decide.

Think of it as a spiritual ancestor of the old "In Search Of..." with Leonard Nimoy with a bit of tongue in cheek humor.

I put a hell of a lot of work into it and I think my production values are fairly high, considering it's just a one man operation... and not even monetized at that (come on, 1000 subs!).

So if this sounds like something that's up your alley, if you want some sarcastic humor with the oddities in the world... feel free to stop by and check my work out. See what I do when I'm NOT building insanely large and complex starships.

Link:

Paranormal News Today - YouTube

Tune in and hopefully enjoy the show.

-E
Old 11-30-2018, 09:12 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef

https://youtu.be/GcTm93YztSg

This the correct section for the other interests we have
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 11-30-2018, 09:33 PM

/bows in supplication to the Great Administrator
Old 11-30-2018, 09:52 PM

Total Downloaded: 287.89 MB
Very insightful, thought provoking and entertaining as well. Subscribed and will be keeping an eye on this channel!
Old 12-01-2018, 07:18 AM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
I subscribed, and will be checking in regularly. Your intro video is very well done.
Google Adsense
Old 12-01-2018, 08:31 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 223.07 MB
Glad to see you back!

My Drawings
Old 12-01-2018, 07:27 PM

Total Downloaded: 313.47 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to murphyaa Send a message via Skype™ to murphyaa
I'm in. I've been a fan of paranormal stuff for as long as I remember. Coast to Coast with Art Bell got me through a lot of long work nights.

Btw: the "thousand exacto blade cuts of death" was replaced with the "thousand paper cuts of doom." Exacto blades are hard to find.
Old 12-01-2018, 09:33 PM

Oh, man does that bring back memories.
"Midnight in the Desert". I used to listen to it when I worked the overnight shift many many moons ago. Great late night company, Art was.

Thanks for joining, guys. Not required by any means, but I really appreciate it.
Old 12-02-2018, 06:39 AM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
I do not generally believe in what is called paranormal or supernatural stuff, nor do I believe in visitations from intelligent ET thingies.
However, there have been some incidents in my 64+ years of existence on this planet that would seem to be in the category of all three.
Old 12-02-2018, 12:05 PM

Truth is stranger than fiction, that's certain, SCEtoAUX.
I'm an open-minded skeptic, which is the tack that the show takes primarily. I've seen things I sure as hell can't explain over the years. Doesn't mean they don't HAVE an explanation, just that I don't know what they are. To be honest, I suspect that most of these questions will be answered when our knowledge of the Universe around us increases. We're still a baby race rattling the bars of our crib.

Still, we have to work with the facts at hand... but...
Following the facts does not always lead to a rational answer, though.
Thanks for the support guys!