PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > Other Things We Do & Make

Old 01-14-2020, 08:56 AM

Total Downloaded: 426.34 MB
Millennium Falcon has arrived at Galaxy's Edge!

I know this has no relation to paper models at all, but . . .

This is being sold as a $25 popcorn or French fry box at Galaxy's Edge in both Disneyland California and Walt Disney's Hollywood Studio, Orlando.
I actually got this one at a popcorn stand outside Galaxy's Edge at Hollywood Studio, Orlando.

Yes, it's cheap Chinese plastic but it is much better than I expected for a $25 Popcorn bucket. And they put the popcorn in a separate box for me.

The Engine portion even lights up with a pulsating blue light!
I'm not sure if or when I might start modding this with extra greeblies, build a small cockpit and cut out the windows or even just add proper weathering and battle scars.

Just some ideas and I wanted to share this here.

Cheers,

John Gay
Google Adsense
Old 01-27-2020, 08:28 AM

Total Downloaded: 426.34 MB
My wife shared a set of photos from someone who detailed their Popcorn bucket.
And it really worked amazingly well.
Unfortunately I'm not nearly that talented and over-critical of my own work, which is why I like Paper modelling. Someone else does all the artistic stuff, I just need to cut it out and glue it together. My Excessive attention to detail can work with that.

Getting back to the Millennium Falcon Popcorn bucket. I did a quick measurement of the Cockpit tube, which is just under 40mm across. Based on a few references I've found stating this tube is 3 meters across, I estimate that puts this somewhere around 1:75-ish scale. So that's got me wondering if I should even try to fit out the cockpit with Han and Chewy at such a small scale? A quick calculation tells me Chewy would be less that an inch tall standing up? And I'm certain the Dice would be non-existent at this scale, too. And I don't want to bother if I can't include the dice.

But calculating scale isn't my strong suit. Visualizing scale without physical examples isn't even possible for me.
Old 04-06-2020, 03:18 AM

Total Downloaded: 10.53 MB
John
I’ve never been to Orlando and the only popcorn I get is in cinemas in the uk. Let me get this right, this is a separate gift you get with your popcorn?
Tertius Primus Erit
Old 04-06-2020, 03:44 AM

Total Downloaded: 968.01 MB
It is the popcorn container. I picked up one just before the park closed for the virus.

Disney will never be the same!