PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > Other Things We Do & Make

Old 12-30-2020, 05:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 121.70 MB
My 3D prints

another area I'm starting to focus on is 3D printing. In addition to smaller things (for example, plastic automatas can be seen here:
My plastic automatas )
I'm starting to do bigger things ... The first one this Christmas time is a Santa's New Sleigh. The whole set contains more than 60 parts, the dimensions of the set are 12x28x21 cm. This is a commercial model that can be bought here:
Santa's New Sleigh 3D Print Model | Gambody
The model was built without modifications, I just printed the engine in gold and painted the eyes and highlighted the inscription on the engine, a few photos:
Attached Thumbnails
My 3D prints-dscn4959.jpg   My 3D prints-dscn5034.jpg   My 3D prints-dscn5036.jpg   My 3D prints-dscn5041.jpg   My 3D prints-dscn5045.jpg  

My 3D prints-dscn5052.jpg   My 3D prints-dscn5079.jpg   My 3D prints-dscn5107.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 12-31-2020, 12:32 AM

Total Downloaded: 699.34 MB
ZAX,
Very cool! I am dabbling in 3D printing and have uploaded some small pieces on Thingiverse under the name waynemc65.
Wayne
Old 01-01-2021, 11:01 AM

thank you, those cannons are nice, I still don't know design my own things ...
I have a lot of things from Thingiverse, especially automatas ... I'm currently printing a figure from Gambody, but it will be for a longer time, it will have to be painted.
Old 01-10-2021, 04:43 PM

Chernobyl Liquidator
(3D Printing Figurine)

Source: STL files of Chernobyl Liquidator 3D Printing Figurine | Gambody Marketplace

I started working on this figure. This is the first figure from 3D printing that has to be painted. At the moment I have a finished working version of the pad ... So far, it is such a test what my 3D printer can handle ...In some places, where the structure of 3D printing was visible and also in the place of joints, I used putty, I paint it with classic sprays and details brush with acrylic paints ...but it definitely wants airbrush, so in the future I will definitely switch to this technique ...A few photos:
Attached Thumbnails
My 3D prints-dscn4890.jpg   My 3D prints-dscn5217.jpg   My 3D prints-dscn5222.jpg   My 3D prints-dscn5227.jpg   My 3D prints-dscn5253.jpg  

My 3D prints-dscn5259.jpg   My 3D prints-dscn5264.jpg   My 3D prints-dscn5266.jpg  
Old 01-10-2021, 10:52 PM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
Some really cool stuff Zax!

Will be purchasing a 3D printer this spring. Already bought a drawing program to get ready, planning on doing my own designs.

Did you buy your printer on-line?

Been looking at banggood.com , they seem to have a large selection at good prices, plus all the parts, filament etc..

Mike

Mike
Google Adsense
Old 01-12-2021, 06:22 AM

Hi,

I bought it in the local e-shop (so that I don't have a problem with a possible complaint). I bought a Creality ENDER-3-PRO 3D printer, it came as a jigsaw puzzle, so I had to fold it first. It wasn't complicated, you just have to be careful ... it is a widespread type of printer, so that there are many videos on youtube... After folding, all you had to do was level the table, set up the filament and it can be pressed. ..on the photo is what it looked like when I bought it (1. photo), I made a wooden case for the printer, it's because of the dust I sometimes make when grinding models (2. photo)
Satisfied so far, I didn't know anything about 3D printing, so it forces me to gradually learn what is great. I dont know draw my things yet, but there are a lot of available 3D models where I can change the scale or crop the model ...
Attached Thumbnails
My 3D prints-ender-1.jpg   My 3D prints-ender-2.jpg  
Old 01-12-2021, 07:10 AM

Total Downloaded: 3.29 GB
Indeed a nice printer, Zax.

And with 's opensource character there is a huge amount of improvements, add-ons and knowledge around!
Recommanded, Mike!

Willem E.
(AKA Ponytail)
Old 01-12-2021, 04:05 PM

...mainly it is relatively cheap and prints in good quality with a relatively large community ... for the beginning it is ideal for me, but who has enough money will probably buy something more expensive ....
Old 01-13-2021, 10:29 PM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
Looks like a good one to check out. Thank you Zax and Willem.

Mike
Old 01-14-2021, 12:46 PM

Total Downloaded: 29.59 MB
Very cool stuff! Your prints and painting are awesome. I have the same printer I think. An Ender 3 Pro? Like Han Solo, I've made a few modifications to her myself
I recently purchased a resin printer, the Creality LD 002R and am working the kinks out of that one as well. The print finishing part is a pain, but I'm getting used to it. Super fine details tho. It;s pretty incredible for a sub $200 printer.
Two things that have amazed me in my lifetime- Lasers, and 3D Printers. I would have never believed you if you told me 40 years ago how commonplace they both are today