PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > Other Things We Do & Make

Old 01-05-2010, 08:05 AM

Total Downloaded: 19.26 MB
Pocher Classic cars

Several years ago I built one of those incredible Pocher classic car models. It was one of the last ones available in stores (Pocher had ceased production already), and it was the Mercedes 540K True Roadster. A fantastic kit with one major drawback; it had those plastic wheels, rather than the ones with all metal spokes. Getting hold of one of the Pocher kits with the complex spoke wheels has remained in the back of my mind, and recently I have temporarily overcome my dislike of evilBay, and bought these two beauties! But now I don't dare to take them out to Nigeria though...
Attached Thumbnails
Pocher Classic cars-alfa1.jpg   Pocher Classic cars-rolls1.jpg  
St. Peter's & Vatican - 1:3900 - Micromodels
Google Adsense
Old 01-05-2010, 08:24 AM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
Try mailing them? They are beauties, I have never heard of these before (not that that means anything) but it is something to keep an eye out for.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:39 AM

Mailing anything remotely valuable is a no-no here. I can fit the Alfa Romeo in a large suitcase, but it may get damaged on the way, or get "confiscated" somewhere along the way. The latter can usually be sorted out with an "import fee"...
Pocher has made car model kits from 1966 until the late 1990s, and has unfortunately gone bankrupt in 2003. They were some of the most detailed and challenging 1/8 car models ever made, and used a variety of materials besides plastic. The models that are left are in pretty high demand now, and still show up on eBay regularly, for ever increasing prices (that's why I bought 2, because they were reasonably priced, as far as these kits go...). Check out the story and different car models at: http://www.pocher.net/
Old 01-05-2010, 10:56 AM

Location: Northern Bear Flag Republic (Known as Water World in L.A.)
Total Downloaded: 11.99 MB
Scale Motor Cars

Marco,

Pocher is popular at this site:

Scalemotorcars

+Gil
Old 01-06-2010, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil View Post
Marco,

Pocher is popular at this site:

Scalemotorcars

+Gil
Thanks! I just registed at the site.
Google Adsense
Old 01-06-2010, 06:14 AM
Aviation Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to dansls1
My dad had 4 or 5 Pocher kits in the early '80's, built the early Alfa and eventually sold the rest. I've always wanted to get one but so far the economics have never been favorable to do so. Maybe some day down the road.
Old 01-07-2010, 10:41 PM

Total Downloaded: 210.47 MB
I have a Mercedes roadster and an un-built Alfa 8C 2300. These kits are a challenge on several levels. First the shear number of parts typically 1800 + tends to over whelm a modeler. Secondly the part fit is problematic every kit has its issues. Lastly if you are detail oriented you find some of the kit is stunning while other parts are crude. I am thinking of building just the engine from the Alfa and am planning to drop over $100 on adding detail to the engine. If you ever find one and it is not assembled for under $400 it’s a steal.

Jim Nunn
Old 07-26-2011, 05:20 AM

An extended hunt (including EvilBay) and an expat bonus later.... I'm now the proud owner of the unbuilt Alfa Romeo Monza, the Alfa Romeo Mille Miglia, the Mercedes 500K, the Fiat F2 and the Rolls Royce Torpedo! I also got my hands on the Ferrari Testarossa and F40, and a built Volvo V12 for restauration. I built the F2 while I was in the Netherlands recently, and I will be taking some of them to Brunei to build them there. Check out the most amazing car kits ever made at: www.pocher.net and I MITICI MODELLI 1/8 POCHER
Old 07-26-2011, 05:36 AM
Eternal Member

i found a built one on ebay with four days left but can't bid seller only posts to the uK. Pocher Ferrari Testarossa 1/8 not autoart kyosho bbr NR | eBay

Je 600 euro for an unbuilt one after the postage. my i know where can get one of the real cars for about 13 times that price
Old 07-26-2011, 05:43 AM

They've never been cheap when they where in production, and prices are still going up steadily. I reckoned to buy several now when I had the chance, because the long-term chances of losing money on an unbuilt Pocher kit are quite minimal.
Google Adsense