PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > Other Things We Do & Make

Old 05-08-2013, 01:00 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Impossible Bottle

Here is an impossible bottle I made. It is an old 1/2 pint whisky bottle. The figures inside are made of wood and when the bottle is moved back and forth the figures rock and it appears that the police officer is banging the burglar on the head with his billy club. I called it "The Long Arm of The Law". The stopper on the top is a carved one piece stopper with a plug going across to prevent the plug from being removed. The only way you could ever get the stopper out is to break the bottle.
Attached Thumbnails
Impossible Bottle-impossible-bottle2.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 05-08-2013, 01:24 PM

That is absolutely fantastic work. I would love to know how you put this together.
Old 05-08-2013, 02:04 PM

LOL, That is why they are called an impossible bottle. I have several I have done with decks of cards and various balls in them. If I get a chance to shoot some of them I will post some pictures. Some of them are incredibly difficult to do.
Old 05-09-2013, 06:12 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.23 GB
Excellent!! Thanks for posting..
Old 05-09-2013, 08:08 AM

Oh yes!! .. Please show us more, and as a woodcarver I'd love to know how it's made....
Old 05-09-2013, 08:44 AM

My woodcarving skills are practically nil. I based my figures on the figures the French woodcarvers put in bottles back in the 1920s. Same technique but I added an American twist by putting the permanent stopper in the top. This came from the tramp art hobos were doing in the 20s and 30s. It took a long time (for me) to figure out how make that plug. I promise I will shoot some shots this weekend.
On another note I am also working on some Dan Dare spaceships and a 1930s-40s spaceport that people will be able to walk around in.
The ships will be movers and they can actually ride the spaceships. I think it's going to be a lot of fun.