PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge > Paper Birthday

Old 09-20-2017, 09:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 156.88 MB
Happy Birthday Don, one of the Main Stays of this Forum.

Wyatt
Old 09-20-2017, 10:06 PM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
ahh...late to the party again (I am).
but then, I have an excuse.
I was busy watching a lecture on U.S. Army Amphibious Operations in the Korean War.
It was interesting, although I still don't understand the involvement of cats?

Ah well, its the next best thing to chatting with Don at this years IPMC.

Old 09-20-2017, 10:26 PM

Total Downloaded: 210.47 MB
Happy Birthday Colonel,

and thank you for sparking an interest in the Battle of Inchon and Gen. MacArthur.

Jim
Old 09-21-2017, 12:51 AM

Total Downloaded: 23.50 MB
Happy Birthday Don, my friend, You are indispensable in this forum!

Orazio.
Old 09-21-2017, 04:29 AM

Total Downloaded: 103.90 MB
Belated felicitations!
Google Adsense
Old 09-21-2017, 09:23 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Paper Modelin’ Pals -

Many thanks for starting this thread, Miles. I always try to keep in mind your advice when the model I was working on under your and rockpaperscissors’s kindly eyes came out crooked: “Don – You’re supposed to cut on the line, not a tenth of a millimeter to the right.”

And thanks to all of you who posted birthday wishes. Many of you I know personally, others I only know from the Forum, but I am honored to be in your company. I build slowly and not very well, but I love the craft and am glad to be a part of this very diverse and global group of paper model artisans.

Flyboy Lead – Smoke’s out!

Yankee Boy – You exaggerate, but only slightly. Have a great Navy day!

Rick – After your admonition about the fire extinguisher, Lil decided to put only one candle on the ceremonial scone to celebrate the 77 years.

John Dell – I really like the cat with the Kelly green cravat. Both of my cards from Lil (one purporting to be from Tora-chan) had cats on them.

Doug – Thanks for the slice of confetti cake!

Gary – I THINK I have found Waldo on Mars. My best wishes to Callie and Brumby and thanks for all the special occasion models and repaints.

Don (rockpaperscissors) – Actually, Lil took me to the Andalusia yesterday, but we will soon have Evil Jungle Princess at the Carlisle Thai Cuisine (Official Dining Venue of the Paper Modelers at Army Heritage Days).

Airdave – Many thanks for posting my old lecture on Army amphibious operations. I enjoyed seeing it again. I am still in the conceptual phase of my great work on the relationship between cats and amphibious operations.

Jim Nunn – Many thanks for the greeting. If anyone actually views the lecture, they will note that I mention that, as advisor to a Vietnamese infantry battalion in the Mekong Delta, I participated in a regimental-size amphibious landing in the spring of 1967. A few years ago I discovered that Jim Nunn, who was in the U.S. Navy at the time, was there, too, protecting our flank aboard a Navy patrol boat.

There is another Vietnam paper modeling connection. Gary (MacSongLi), Aaron Murphy, Texman, John Glessner (DrLaser), Scott Fyn, and John Bowden have all been helping me reproduce the aircraft that supported our battalion or that I flew in in Vietnam 50 years ago. Among those aircraft was a Cessna O-1D flown by then First Lieutenant Ned Moore, who used the call sign SHOTGUN 15. John Bowden did a repaint of the Maeda L-19/O-1 model that Chris Gutzmer and company offer at ECardmodels (https://www.ecardmodels.com/index.php/1-48-cessna-o-1d-bird-dog-s-n-57-2839-shotgun-15-paper-model.html). I have recently gotten back in touch with Ned, who is delighted by the exceptionally accurate model of his airplane and bought two of the models, one for him and one for his old crew chief.

Incidentally, DrLaser and Rose will be visiting this weekend so he and I can spend a whole day building paper models together. And I eagerly look forward to seeing many of you in Sterling on 4 November.

So thanks to everyone. I will save these greetings that call up a rich tapestry of friendship and a mutual love of the craft of paper modeling.

Keep on scoring, cutting, folding, and pasting ‘cuz paper beats rock every time.

Don
Old 09-21-2017, 01:54 PM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
same her don.sorry its late but hope you had a great day
Old 09-21-2017, 02:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 125.32 MB
Happy Birthday Don!!!

Bob
Old 09-21-2017, 05:12 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
Don, sorry I missed it. Haven't been on here much the last few days dealing with a bunch of things. Hope you had a wonderful day and looking forward to many more.

Wayne
Old 09-24-2017, 02:18 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
So late to the party that there wasn't even any litter to police up. Been dealing w/ computer problems unfortunately. Hope that your birthday was as good to you as it seems to have been.
Google Adsense