PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet > Paper Models in the Wild

Old 12-16-2014, 11:03 AM

Total Downloaded: 63.94 MB
Germany

We've just got back from a shortish tour of Christmas markets.

The first model I bought was the Markt Kirche in Hannover, we were on our way out when my wife spotted a model sitting on top of a display case. It looks good and I like the graphics.

Find two was in Bremen. Down a narrow alley in the old town I found a small shop that only sold card kits. They had many of the well known "names" but many that were new to me. My best "find" was the Orary from Astro Media, I've been looking for it for ages. They had a big selection of automata I'd not seen before and a kit of one of the town's "landmarks" The Animal Orchestra (try google). I bought these and a Christmas mobile plus one of a series of 3D models - A rendition of Van Gogh's well known painting of his bedroom. If anyone is interested in the 3D series or the automata, I'll post more info after Christmas - my wife bought the kits as a Christmas present.

Here's a clip from You tube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jo56Zfd0xT0

Not my work!

.: Der Schnoor in Bremen:. Tourismus-Sehenswrdigkeiten -Schnoorportal - KUNSTHANWERK ATELIER GAG
Atelier GAG - Winkelen Bremen - Youropi.com Bremen

Many of you may remember Thomas' thread relating to Mainz Cathedral - I found reprints in the Cathedral shop last year.

Next, a few years ago I found a kit of Paderborn Cathedral in a bookshop opposite the Cathedral.

Finally, I have a kit of Wewelsburg castle - I found it in the castle shop, printed on A3. It's quite a basic kit on four sheets.

Unfortunately, they don't accept credit/debit cards. They wrote out a "slip" and my wife took it the shop opposite, they swiped her card and signed the slip. My wife gave the slip to the model people and collected the kits! Euro notes by post may work!!

Cheers
Mike
Google Adsense
Old 12-16-2014, 11:30 AM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
Appears to have been a very productive trip. That video of the model shop was good. You can find some interesting things when you go off the beaten path in cities. Get away from the touristy areas and see what is on offer.
Old 02-02-2015, 03:46 PM

Total Downloaded: 63.94 MB
I've just completed the first kit I bought from Atelier. I've put it here, mainly because I couldn't find an appropriate category.

For some reason that I can't understand, the city of Bremen adopted characters from a Grimm's fairytale to be their mascot. It's the Bremen city musicians.

You will find the story here, as well as pictures of the "group".

The tale of the Bremen Town Musicians - Bremen.de

The model is quite simple and is about a dozen parts and stands about 10 inches tall. The clever thing is that the heads of the animals "nod" - very trendy many years ago when a nodding dog was the thing to have on the back shelf of your car ;-)

I really like the way the animals have been adapted for a card model - nothing like the bronze original.

Cheers

Mike
Attached Thumbnails
Germany-img_1757.jpg   Germany-img_1758.jpg  
Old 02-03-2015, 09:19 AM

Total Downloaded: 75.37 MB
Like the look of this model. It's different.

Fred
Old 02-16-2015, 06:50 AM

Total Downloaded: 6.40 MB
I have a friend who is from Germany but now lives in the Seattle area. I will pass the link you provided on to her as she goes to Germany most years.
She makes paper miniature kits including market stalls. I will put them on a posting in this found on the internet section.

Last edited by kcorbin; 02-16-2015 at 07:01 AM.
Google Adsense