PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > Papierschnitzel's Projects

Old 01-26-2021, 10:57 AM

Total Downloaded: 285.85 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermin_King View Post
I see you did some cross-promo with Brave Adventures. I was more than a little surprised to see that. Good luck with the Ravenfeast folks

Top-notch work, as always

Actually just received a reply via eMail from Ravenfeast! Looking good
Old 01-26-2021, 12:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Outstanding! I still think that cross-promo is under-utilized in our hobby.

Even Paper Forge, who does a lot of collaborations, doesn't seem to promote them very much.

I really hope these do well for you
Old 01-27-2021, 01:47 AM

Here is a look at the extensions I have just textured for going upwards!

These can be used solo or in combination to be placed on the core building roof adding a bit of the stavechurch-like look!
Attached Thumbnails
Going Norse to meet some Vikings and Saxons!-dsc02568.jpg   Going Norse to meet some Vikings and Saxons!-dsc02569.jpg  
Old 01-27-2021, 01:46 PM

Total Downloaded: 56.40 MB
I live in Norway now, and this would be great. Maybe the Viking Ship Museum in Oslo would be interested in selling your sets, if you get them up to museum store standards. There is also the national military museum in Akershus Festning/Fortress in Oslo.
Old 01-28-2021, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouCoatney View Post
I live in Norway now, and this would be great. Maybe the Viking Ship Museum in Oslo would be interested in selling your sets, if you get them up to museum store standards. There is also the national military museum in Akershus Festning/Fortress in Oslo.

I am not sure how this would work with a digital product. But I can try to contact them once I have it released.

I started putting together what I have test build so far. May I present to you the very long hall!

I have completed all the extension variants for the short wall side. Now I have to get the long side extensions done too!
Attached Thumbnails
Going Norse to meet some Vikings and Saxons!-dsc02572.jpg   Going Norse to meet some Vikings and Saxons!-dsc02575.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 01-28-2021, 01:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Wow! That is quite a beautiful building
Old 01-28-2021, 11:27 PM

Thank you sir! the Vikings had some good taste
Old 02-06-2021, 09:03 AM

I have finished the geometry of the long side extensions. The wall part stayed the same but I needed to adapt the connection of the roof part to the slanted main roof.

So now I (and soon you ) can combine these with the main house. I have thrown everything possible in the mix with the test build but of course you can go for a more subtle design.

But if you want a huge fantasy Viking mansion, adding extensions on all sides (and going up on the roof) gives you a long hall worthy of a mighty Viking hero!
Attached Thumbnails
Going Norse to meet some Vikings and Saxons!-dsc02579.jpg   Going Norse to meet some Vikings and Saxons!-dsc02583.jpg   Going Norse to meet some Vikings and Saxons!-dsc02582.jpg   Going Norse to meet some Vikings and Saxons!-dsc02584.jpg   Going Norse to meet some Vikings and Saxons!-dsc02585.jpg  

Old 02-06-2021, 06:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
There is a house in the video game Assasin's Creed Valhalla that looks a lot like that.
This set is going to look great.
Old 02-07-2021, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCEtoAUX View Post
There is a house in the video game Assasin's Creed Valhalla that looks a lot like that.
This set is going to look great.
Ha! I have been hearing that a lot the past days. Is there a screen shot somewhere so I can see how it looks there? I have heard from that game but didn't have the time yet to actually play it.

I am guessing that anyone designing stuff for a Viking inspired setting will get similar results. It's basically mixing the traditional Long Hall with the Stave churches. When I was doing research I saw tons of concept art pics by various artists going in this direction. I am looking forward to build pics to see if more will go for the historic (and simpler) long hall version or the fantasy "monster" build

These days I only play the games I know and only when there are updates. Mainly WOW - which my stepson lured me into - and the Anno series. My work and my better half don't allow for much game time But I am always curious how they have developed the new bits!
Google Adsense