PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 07-03-2010, 07:44 AM
POTW Editor

Total Downloaded: 76.82 MB
Crawler

I got this e-mail today, the guy has finaly finished !! after ten years, no wonder the thing is called the crawler
Another one to add to the"ultimate" list;

Dear modeler mates,

you are receiving this email because you to get informed when my 1/96 Crawler Transporter card model kit becomes available; for some of you, this might be already a very long time ago . Also, please forgive when you get this email twice – this can happen when you contacted me several times with different email addresses.

I'm very happy to announce that after a development time of 10 years the Crawler Transporter 1/96 kit is finished and is currently in production at the printing company. It consists of more than 11,000 parts printed on various types of card stock, papers and transparent foils. Most sheets are printed double sided in offset technique with 5 colors (CMYK + Cool Gray 8).

The kit comes with a complete full colored building instruction of 48 pages in English (other languages will follow as downloadable PDF). Besides a little yarn, the kit contains all needed materials. Tools and glue, however, are not included
The production is limited to 499 pieces worldwide, and each kit carries its own individual serial number. Foreseeable, the production will be finished by the mid of the oncoming week, and in principle is available from this day on.

A few months ago, crew members of C/T #2 came across my model, and their enthusiasm finally lead to an invitation to KSC including a visit of the Crawler, the Launch Pad and the Orbiter Processing Facility. It was not easy for them to get all those required permissions especially for a foreign citizen, and I feel very honored and grateful, and of course, very proud. It's a big dream coming true for me.
I'm telling you this because I will leave on 12th July 2010 to Miami, and return by the end of July from my trip to the USA. If you plan to order a kit and want it before I start my trip, please contact me ASAP at [email protected] . I then will manage that the kit will be sent to you directly from the printing company. The price of the kit is 130 EUR plus shipping costs.

How to order:
Please send me an email to [email protected], including your street address or where to ship the model. If you wish to have a certain kit serial number, please mention it. If the number is still available, I’m happy to send you this kit. I’m a private person, this means that I’m not sitting at the computer all of the time – sometimes I’m on vacation or on emergency standby at the hospital. So please excuse when I do not react to your order instantly. However, once you receive the payment details you can be sure that I’m aware of your order and will process it as quick as possible.

You will get a PayPal bill in reply; once I received the payment confirmation from Paypal, I will pass on your details to the printing company, where the kits are stored, and they will send you the kit on the next working day.

Note that I cannot process orders until the end of July after the 11th July.

I know that my website is totally outdated - I have a very demanding job at the hospital and so I decided to spend my free time into the model rather than into Dreamweaver. However, when I'm back from my journey, the website will be completely renewed, also the work on the LUT will start immediately, and I swear it won't take another ten years to finish it.

I want to thank you all for your patience and your great enthusiasm for the project !

best greetings
Mischa Klement aka Cyana

MicroArtwork
Salzburg/Austria
Attached Thumbnails
Crawler-image002.jpg   Crawler-image006.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 07-03-2010, 07:54 AM

Total Downloaded: 6.26 MB
That is a wonderful model. 10 years is a long time. he has my respect for having the patience to keep at it.

Cheers
Jim
Old 07-03-2010, 08:07 AM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Thumbs up

Great respect for a SUPERIOR design of this vehicle
Old 07-03-2010, 08:45 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.59 GB
At today's exchange rate, 130 Euros works out to a bit over $163, which I suppose is not a lot when you're dealing with a model this detailed and this well designed and with this many parts. Plus, you'd think that a model that's been under development for a decade or so will have all the bugs worked out of it.

So is she going to do an MLP? (And if so, an Apollo-era MLP or a shuttle-era? Given that there are no readily available 1/96th-scale shuttle stack kits out there, I doubt it would be the latter. I may have built one of the few shuttle stacks in that scale.)

I've been watching the development of this model since I first got into card modeling, and it is great to see that it's done. She's done a great job.
Old 07-03-2010, 09:11 AM

Total Downloaded: 517.40 MB
Got the same mail and my four long years on the waiting list are over. Now my order is in and I'm just waiting for confirmation. I'm under the impression that this is an Apollo-era project and at least I've heard rumors that there are plans to take this even further. Jippiii! More to come, yet something to wait for... and in the meanwhile 11.000 parts to cut and glue. :-D
Google Adsense
Old 07-03-2010, 09:18 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 0
Tapcho,
I look forward to your build of this. If it is
anywhere close to your PBY build it will be
another masterpiece. Ron
Old 07-03-2010, 10:05 AM

Oh no! There's a misunderstanding here the PBY model I referred to in another build thread is not my creation. I went back to the original quote and read you comment there and realised I totally missed that one - otherwise I would have corrected it there. So I'm not that talented but eager enough to give this a good and a long try.
Old 07-03-2010, 10:35 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 0
Tapcho,
Maybe I was mistaken. I was referring to a PBY
build that was in plastic and had a complete scale
interior done on a Monogram 1:48th scale model.
Ron
Old 07-03-2010, 11:29 AM

Location: Northern Bear Flag Republic (Known as Water World in L.A.)
Total Downloaded: 11.99 MB
Massive!

Thanks for posting this Billy. I lost track of the design till now. Nice story to go along with the finishing of the model.

Ten years? There's hope yet...,

+Gil
Old 07-03-2010, 11:43 AM

@Ron: that's the model I posted on 'deckapes' PBY thread and it is not mine. This is the problem I face from time to time discussing in english I think I say something and the ones that a native with the language read it differently - my mistake all togehther. Maybe I should get back to the thred and let everybody know that the plastic model is not mine.
Anyhoo (borrowed this from 'bagpiper'), when I get this model in my hands I'll post kit review here if you want. And then start building it...
Google Adsense