PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 10-24-2010, 03:12 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.68 GB
Pioneer 6 1/24

I figured I may as well post this here.

The real thing:

I've been experimenting with drawing in PowerPoint while designing Ulysses, and this resulted during some experimenting. I have time to draw, but no time to actually build most of the time right now due to work.
This is a very simple Pioneer 6 that I did in 1/24 scale. It lacks some detail at this point (mainly instrumentation -- they didn't do a lot of detail photography of spacecraft back in 1965), but this is the beta build and it looks decent (to me) so far, so I should be able to bring it up to standards if anyone wants it. (And yes, there are 30 louvers inside the bottom of the bus -- still thinking about how to do that in a sane way.)
Getting better at this as I go (I hope)...
Google Adsense
Old 10-24-2010, 04:54 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.87 GB
Oh well, for someone who claims not to be a designer I'd say you're doing pretty well. That's a very nice rendition and I really like the louvres, they add so much reality to the probe. Very nice! Petje af*, as we Dutch people sometimes say.

(*meaning 'chapeau!')
Old 11-02-2010, 07:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 149.80 MB
Wow I'm very impressed with your handy work. great little model. Any chances is your rendition of pioneer 6 available to build?
Old 11-02-2010, 11:39 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.68 GB
I'm hoping to make it a little more buildable, and then I'll post it here for download. There's not a lot in the way of instruments included yet, due to a lack of documentation showing me what they're supposed to look like. :D
Old 11-03-2010, 04:22 PM

I see what you mean. Its not easy working off of an artists picture. I'm running into the same problem with my first attempt at designing a model of acrimsat. Its about 90% done but still needs tweaking.
Google Adsense
Old 11-03-2010, 05:04 PM

Check out this website. Its in Italian but you could use google translator. It has some good drawings of the spacecraft from NASA.

Yahoo! Image Detail for - http://www.scientificamerican.com/media/gallery/A9AC3E38-ACBD-EEB9-845F41C8809134DE_10.jpg