PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 11-10-2014, 07:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 747.08 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanners View Post
I would wonder why NASA/the U.S. government is letting these things go. I know the government sells surplus from time to time, but this stuff is history, not surplus. Then again, if NASA is hard up for money....
I don't believe NASA/the government is involved in selling any items. You might be aware of a bit of hoopla a few years ago in which Edgar Mitchell attempted to sell a camera:

"On June 29, 2011, the United States Government filed a lawsuit against Mitchell in the United States District Court in Miami, Florida after discovering that he placed a camera used on Apollo 14 for auction at the auction house Bonhams. The litigation requested the camera be returned to NASA. Mitchell's position was that NASA had given him the camera as a gift upon the completion of the Apollo 14 mission. Bonhams withdrew the camera from auction. In October 2011, attorneys representing the government and Mitchell reached a settlement agreement, and Mitchell agreed to return the camera to NASA, which in turn would donate it for display at the National Air and Space Museum."

A lot of people believed this action on behalf of the government was retaliation for Mitchell's outspoken views regarding UFOs, aliens and the government, being that astronauts had many times sold or donated flown hardware that had been 'gifted' them by NASA as mementos.

The uproar of this situation lead to this action: "On September 20, 2012 Congress enacted H.R. 4158, confirming full ownership rights of artifacts to astronauts on Apollo (and Mercury and Gemini) space missions."

Isaac Asimov
Old 11-15-2014, 01:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 314.41 MB
Just ordered these from ecards as well, looking forward to enlargeing to 1/2 scale, approx 3 foot or thereabouts! This thread should be very usefull. Thanks.
Mike
Old 11-23-2014, 07:39 AM

Total Downloaded: 26.55 MB
Excellent model, bought it on Ecards. Collected until one astronaut. Thanks to the author for the development.
Old 03-09-2015, 03:48 PM

Total Downloaded: 269.87 MB
Got a Question for Billy, or anyone else that can answer it.

Billy I noticed on your photos you have a nice gloss finish on the helmet visor. What did you coat it with to get the gloss finish?

Everything I try either soaks completely into the paper (various gloss artist spray lacquers) or makes the inks run (any of the brush on sealants and lacquers I've tried).

Can anyone tell me the secret before I pull out what little hair I have left please?
Old 03-09-2015, 04:06 PM
POTW Editor

Total Downloaded: 76.82 MB
I used a couple (5 or 6) of layers of glossy acrylic varnish,from a spraycan, applied before cutting and assembling
Google Adsense
Old 03-09-2015, 05:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 269.87 MB
Seams my problem is impatience, I always gave up when I got no visible results after 3 or 4 coats.

Not sure if any of my sprays are an Acrylic Varnish either so that might be part of my problem as well.

Thanks for the quick reply and advice Billy.
Old 06-02-2019, 09:03 AM

Total Downloaded: 22.63 MB
There is any way to buy/get this model? i really want to build them
Old 06-02-2019, 10:40 AM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyokin View Post
There is any way to buy/get this model? i really want to build them
The kits will be available in the ecardmodels online store shortly

If you can't wait, and need to build an astronaut right away, download the excellently designed kit from paper-replika.com
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 06-02-2019, 12:17 PM
Absolute Final Dimensional Contortionist Judicator

Total Downloaded: 398.11 MB
Very, very, nice.