PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 11-27-2010, 02:20 PM

Total Downloaded: 479.41 MB
Leo Cherkashin - Proton

Hi, I'm building the Proton M with her launchpad.
Because I'm from Germany and my english is not so good, I write in German.
I hope, it's okay and you can read this....

Ich trage mich schon einige Zeit mit dem Gedanken, ein Modell von Leos Seite zu bauen....Nun soll es werden und zwar die Proton mit Startanlage..
Ich hab in den mir bekannten einschlägigen Foren keinen Baubericht gefunden, obwohl es die Downloads schon ein paar Tage gibt...Ich denke, dass es Leo freuen und motivieren wird, wenn mal jemand das Teil baut.

Der Bogen besteht aus 4 Teilen, die Proton M (man kann auch noch die Proton K bauen), dem beweglichen Startturm, dem Launchpad und derm Transporter. Maßstab ist 1:96.
Downloaden hier:

Space flight paper modelling

Fotos von Leo's Bau:

Picasa Web Albums - Joe - Proton

Zuerst bau ich die Rakete.
Es geht mit der Stufe A los. Die besteht aus dem Oxident Tank und 6 Fuel Tanks sowie den Triebwerken.
Als erstes wird der Oxident-Tank gefertigt. Die Anleitung ist recht ordentlich und Unklarheiten beseitigen die o.g. Fotos.
Nach dem Zusammenbau des Zylinders wird die untere Hälfte des Adapters zur Stufe B sorgfältig ausgeschnitten und angebracht. Die Metallstifte dienen der Aufnahme des oberen Teils.
Anschliessend kommt der Sockel dran. Hier muss sorgfältig angepasst werden, sonst steht die Rakete schief....

Dann werden schon mal die Teile für die 6 Tanks vorbereitet....
Attached Thumbnails
Leo Cherkashin - Proton-000_0053.jpg   Leo Cherkashin - Proton-000_0054.jpg   Leo Cherkashin - Proton-000_0055.jpg   Leo Cherkashin - Proton-000_0056.jpg   Leo Cherkashin - Proton-000_0058.jpg  

Leo Cherkashin - Proton-000_0059.jpg   Leo Cherkashin - Proton-000_0060.jpg   Leo Cherkashin - Proton-000_0061.jpg   Leo Cherkashin - Proton-100_0407.jpg   Leo Cherkashin - Proton-100_0406.jpg  

Leo Cherkashin - Proton-100_0405.jpg  

my current projekt:
Iss - the third
Google Adsense
Old 11-27-2010, 03:19 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.87 GB
Hey Michael,
Wilkommen auf dieses Forum! Du kannst, wann du deine Satzen einfach formuliert, eine der viele Übersetzungsmaschinen auf dem Internet benutzen. Genau sowie z.B. Merzo es macht. Manchmal gibt das etwas fremde Resultate aber die sind auch lustig. Viele Leute hier sprechen leider kein Deutsch.

Die Proton-Rakete von Leo ist ein gutes Modell zu bauen. Ich selbst habe schon bereits eine gebaut. Das Ausschneiden der Interstage ist ein harter Job, aber das Ergebnis ist sehr schön.

-- literal translation via Google--
Welcome to this forum! You can see when you put your sentence simply use one of the many translation engines on the Internet. Just as well for example Merzo it does. Sometimes there is something strange results but they are also funny. Many people here speak no German.

The Proton rocket from Leo is a good model to build. I myself have already built one. Cutting the interstage is a tough job, but the result is very beautiful.
Old 11-27-2010, 04:27 PM

Thank you..now I have translate via Google...

I have been wearing for some time with the idea of a model of Leo's side to build .... Now let it be and that is the Proton.
I've found in the relevant forums that I know no assembly report, although the downloads are already a few days ... I think it will please Leo motivate and, if time someone builds the part.

The sheet consists of 4 parts, the Proton M (you can also build the Proton K), the mobile launch tower, the launchpad and derm transporter. Scale is 1:96.
Download here:

Space flight modeling paper

Photos of Leo's construction:

Picasa Web Albums - Joe - Proton

First I build the rocket.
It starts with the A Level. Which consists of the tank and 6 Oxident Fuel tanks and the engines.
First, the Oxident tank is manufactured. The manual is quite good and eliminate ambiguity, the above Photos.
After assembly of the cylinder, the lower half of the adapter to the stage B is carefully cut and installed. The metal pins are used to hold the upper part.
Then moves on to the base. This must be made carefully, otherwise the rocket is wrong ....

Then ever, the parts for the 6 tanks prepared ....

my current projekt:
Iss - the third
Old 11-29-2010, 01:09 PM

Es geht mit den 6 Tanks weiter....Die Fotos verdeutlichen den Baufortschritt. Es klappt auch recht gut.
Nachdem die Halteteile am Rumpf befestigt sind, können die Tanks reihum angeklebt werden.
Eigentlich ganz einfach, aber.....
...wie man deutlich sieht, sind die Tanks in der Grundfläche größer als die Grundplatte, ausserdem ist an dieser durch das Verstärken mit Pappe die Kante deutlich zu sehen.
Was tun?
Erstmal hab ich den Bogen mit der Platte noch mal mit 110 % ausgedruckt.
Da waren auch die Zwischenverbindungen zu den Tanks drauf. So konnte ich die weisse Rückseite derselben doppeln. Dann habe ich einen weissen Streifen unten herum geklebt, der auch die Pappkanten abdeckt. Zum Schluss habe ich die Grundplatte zerschnitten und die einzelnen Triebwerksaufnahmen zwischen die Fuel-Tanks geklebt. das hat eigentlich gut geklappt.
Nun nur noch die "Nozzles" zusammenbauen, ankleben und fertig....denkste!!!
Ich hatte vergessen, die Löcher in der Grundplatte auszuschneiden, was auch nicht vermerkt war...Die Triebwerke werden nämlich teilweise eingesteckt...
Nun gut, eine ziemliche Pfriemelei, das nachträglich auszuschneiden, aber letztendlich doch zufriedenstellend.
Damit ist die erste Stufe der Proton fertiggestellt.....

Google-Translation:

It goes with 6 tanks further .... The photos show the progress. It works quite well.
After the holding parts are attached to the hull, the tanks can be glued in turn.
Quite simple, but .....
... As you can clearly see the tanks in the base area larger than the base plate, is also clearly visible in this by reinforcing the cardboard with the edge.
What to do?
First I have to bow to the plate again printed with 110%.
Since the intermediates to the tanks were on it. So I could double by the white back of it. Then I glued a white strip around the bottom, which covers the Pappkanten. Finally I cut the base and glued the images between the individual engine fuel tanks. this has actually worked well.
Now only assemble its nozzles, glue and finish .... No way!

I had forgotten to cut the holes in the base plate, which was not recorded ... The engines are in fact plugged in part ...
Well, quite a Pfriemelei, which subsequently cut out, but I ended satisfactorily.
The first phase of the proton is completed ...
Attached Thumbnails
Leo Cherkashin - Proton-12.jpg   Leo Cherkashin - Proton-13.jpg   Leo Cherkashin - Proton-14.jpg   Leo Cherkashin - Proton-15.jpg   Leo Cherkashin - Proton-16.jpg  

Leo Cherkashin - Proton-17.jpg   Leo Cherkashin - Proton-18.jpg   Leo Cherkashin - Proton-19.jpg   Leo Cherkashin - Proton-20.jpg   Leo Cherkashin - Proton-21.jpg  

Leo Cherkashin - Proton-22.jpg   Leo Cherkashin - Proton-23.jpg   Leo Cherkashin - Proton-24.jpg   Leo Cherkashin - Proton-25.jpg  

my current projekt:
Iss - the third
Old 11-29-2010, 03:12 PM

Quite an inventive solution, Michael.
By the way, when you see parts with a red crossed-out section, they are supposed to be cut out or off.
Übung macht den Meister! And very good results so far. a Nice clean build.
Google Adsense
Old 11-30-2010, 08:03 AM

The second stage ...

no construction problems. All it's easy.
Just a small mistake ... maybe to see it in the last photo. But surely only by people who know exactly the proton ....

Whoever finds him .......gets to keep it ... ...
Attached Thumbnails
Leo Cherkashin - Proton-000_0061.jpg   Leo Cherkashin - Proton-000_0063.jpg   Leo Cherkashin - Proton-000_0065.jpg   Leo Cherkashin - Proton-000_0066.jpg   Leo Cherkashin - Proton-000_0068.jpg  

Leo Cherkashin - Proton-000_0069.jpg  

my current projekt:
Iss - the third
Old 11-30-2010, 11:10 AM

I think it's the small fairings on top. You forgot to fold the sides inward to make them pointy. nevertheless a very fine build so far.

When it comes to the launch pad, it takes up a lot of space. I started with the launch pad itself and also made the erector part of the display, but it became too big in 1/96. The launch pad itself however, is a very nice and complicated part. There are even moving parts that hold the Proton to the pad! It is a bit harder than the rocket itself so take your time with it.

good luck!
Old 11-30-2010, 04:32 PM

No, thats another point. I have made it so I have seen it in the pictures.
But I have turned the plate with nozzles and interstage a bit too right, so that now the supports (B16) are not in line with supports A6.....

And here ist stage 3..

BTW thank you for the tip for the launch pad!
Attached Thumbnails
Leo Cherkashin - Proton-100_0427.jpg   Leo Cherkashin - Proton-100_0429.jpg  

my current projekt:
Iss - the third
Old 12-02-2010, 04:49 AM

Nun sind auch die Spitze und das Modul fertig....
...der Adapter noch und die Proton M steht....

Jetzt bereite ich die Launch Plattform vor, aber momentan ist Scheebereinigung angesagt...

Google translate:

Now, the top and the module is ready ....
... still the adapter and the Proton M is ready for start....

Now I prepare the launch platform, but now snow cleanup announced ...
Attached Thumbnails
Leo Cherkashin - Proton-100_0431.jpg   Leo Cherkashin - Proton-100_0432.jpg   Leo Cherkashin - Proton-100_0433.jpg   Leo Cherkashin - Proton-100_0434.jpg   Leo Cherkashin - Proton-100_0436.jpg  

Leo Cherkashin - Proton-100_0438.jpg   Leo Cherkashin - Proton-100_0440.jpg   Leo Cherkashin - Proton-100_0442.jpg   Leo Cherkashin - Proton-100_0443.jpg   Leo Cherkashin - Proton-100_0444.jpg  

Leo Cherkashin - Proton-100_0446.jpg   Leo Cherkashin - Proton-100_0447.jpg  

my current projekt:
Iss - the third
Old 12-02-2010, 06:40 AM

Total Downloaded: 302.42 MB
Extraordinary work! Your Proton epitomizes what I mean when I tell people card models can be at least equal in quality to plastic/resin kits, and in the hands of a skilled craftsperson like you, superior.

I still have to butcher a few more models before my card modeling skills are up to building one of Leo's marvelous kits.

Les (Friendly Airplane Asylum & ex-NASA flack)
Google Adsense