PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 02-13-2011, 10:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 964.96 MB
AXM Russian Soyuz model in 1/48 scale

Just got done with the enlarged 1/48 scale model of the

AXM Paper Space Scale Models Russian Soyuz.

Next I will be working on the docking module for a Apollo/Soyuz docking.

Google Adsense
Old 02-14-2011, 12:33 AM

Total Downloaded: 220.03 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to axm61
Hi Joeblow321,

Your enlarged build of my AXM Soyuz looks spectacular. Not because it's my design, but because it just looks great, it's a very clean build. You've done a great job.
I have to say that now I am working on the ASTP Soyuz-19, this is the Soyuz version that docked with Apollo during the ASTP program.
It has many differences, not only the colors but the docking mechanism.
I am attaching 2 photos of my draft model. It has a few errors and is lacking the top portion docking mechanism. Also, the solar arrays are not complete, yet.
Give me a couple of days/weeks to finish it. I'm still behind a couple of models that I need to release first.
But, I guess I need to hurry on this one so you can resize it and use it to match your Apollo craft and docking tunnel.
Regards,

Alfonso
Attached Thumbnails
AXM Russian Soyuz model in 1/48 scale-img_7394.jpg   AXM Russian Soyuz model in 1/48 scale-img_7395.jpg  
Old 02-14-2011, 04:51 AM

Total Downloaded: 479.41 MB
It's a nice model, real good work!

But how Alfonso said, it's not the right from ASTP-project....
Also the Apollo ist the wrong version...
Look for Surfduke's site:

http://www.mos95b.com/Moon%20Port/

to get the real outfit.....

my current projekt:
Iss - the third
Old 02-14-2011, 07:43 AM

Total Downloaded: 97.13 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by axm61 View Post
Hi Joeblow321,

Your enlarged build of my AXM Soyuz looks spectacular. Not because it's my design, but because it just looks great, it's a very clean build. You've done a great job.
I have to say that now I am working on the ASTP Soyuz-19, this is the Soyuz version that docked with Apollo during the ASTP program.
I am attaching 2 photos of my draft model. It has a few errors and is lacking the top portion docking mechanism. Also, the solar arrays are not complete, yet.
Give me a couple of days/weeks to finish it. I'm still behind a couple of models that I need to release first.
But, I guess I need to hurry on this one so you can resize it and use it to match your Apollo craft and docking tunnel.
Regards,

Alfonso

Alfonso,

I'm stoked -- this looks great!

When I was a kid, I had the Monogram "p-word" model of the mission, but being a little kid, it's build is a little rough. I think it's still at my parent's house somewhere. I've wanted to try to replicate it since then. I think your vehicle will hit the nail on the head!

But by all means, take your time. Believe me, I understand wanting to get things right, and not releasing them until you're ready...

Mike
Old 02-14-2011, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Hi Joeblow321,

Regards,

Alfonso
Sir
Thank you very much for your kind words. I am very honored.
I am looking forward to your ASTP Soyuz. You do a great job on design.
Take your time, I know you are a very busy.
I want to thank you for the great job you are doing with your Shuttle models and with your ISS models.
You are the main reason I got into paper models.
I was looking up websites for plastic models because I wanted to get going on them after years of not doing anything.
I found your site with all the shuttles and I was hooked on paper.
So again I say
Thank you very much
John (joeblow321)
Google Adsense
Old 02-14-2011, 11:45 AM

Total Downloaded: 474.31 MB
Quote:
Hi Joeblow321,

Regards,

Alfonso
Hello, Alfonso!

Your work in creating the Soviet/Russian spacecraft is wonderful and great to see. Thank you so very much in adding to what is already a brilliant collection of superb space models, including the ISS, shuttle models and historic space stations. I note the homepage lists the Soyuz and Progress links but seems to also show a as of yet inactive link to the MIR station. I know your Historic Space Station link leads to a MIR model already; are you planning on updating the MIR model for which this inactive link is intended?
Thanks again for your superb models! You must know many, many paper models are enjoying them very much!

And thank you, John, for taking the time to post pictures of your builds of these wonderful models; they are fantastic!

Cheers!
Jim
Old 02-14-2011, 12:12 PM

Thank you for your kind comments
Old 02-14-2011, 12:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 220.03 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to axm61
Jim,

Th Historical Space Stations section is a contribution from "Yogi" or AKA "Retired for now" or John Jogerst. He kindly designed the Mir, Salyut and Skylab.
The inactive link for Mir is for my Mir version, planned to be released later this year.
I want to give the opportunity to other designers to present their work on my site.
Regards and thanks for your words.
Old 02-14-2011, 01:06 PM

Total Downloaded: 21.07 MB
Hi joeblow321. Wow! Looks great! By how much percent I need to get a bigger model 1:100 to 1:48? Thank you for this pics.
Old 02-14-2011, 02:38 PM

Total Downloaded: 21.07 MB
I have found this site for reference for the ASTP Project. Nice Pics and a link to the NASA diagrams. Revell Apollo Soyuz Test Project (ASTP) kit help
Google Adsense