PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 01-26-2016, 09:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.42 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper Kosmonaut View Post
I guess Thorsten will make it as detailed as he can. And I assume landing gear is one of those things he will include, when he decides to continue the design.
In the meantine you could always try to scale up a smaller version. AXM's shuttles and certainly the Fortezza shuttle are still holding up well when you enlarge them.
Okay, I'll try the Mars Center model. I'd like to use the cockpit, since I think it's even better than the Betexa.
Old 01-30-2016, 12:46 AM

Location: On a small planet orbiting a yellow star in a galaxy named after a candybar.
Total Downloaded: 3.68 GB
This is really amazing.

I just came back from DC and saw the Discovery for my B-day trip. Would any of my photos help?
Old 07-14-2016, 11:05 AM

Total Downloaded: 7.44 MB
Dear all,

in the light of a recent debate at a forum which I will not name I feel that I have to make some things clear about my space shuttle paper model which I started to construct some years ago, which remained unfinished and for which you find all parts that I have drawn until now in the files of the Yahoo-paper modelers group.

First, some PMs seem to have been misunderstood. I do not have evidence of any dimensional errors of the model. However, at the time of the design, I used only 2D software to construct the model, and it is likely that some shapes of the compound curves at the front and in the cockpit are not 100% correct. But, as stated, there is no hard evidence for a concrete error. If you find one, you can of course send me an eMail, which would be greatly appreciated!

Second, the project got on hold because during a lack of motivation to work on it, I switched my drawing program to Rhino. The old program does not run on my new computers, so I have to do very time expensive conversions (unfortunately I have to convert each curve to a polyline between the programs, there is no way to transfer the curve data from the old program to Rhino without considerable loss of accuracy) and would basically need to redraw everything. In the meantime, I have started other projects, you know the story...

Third, and I wish I would never need to talk about this, but I posted the files exclusively in the Yahoo-group not by chance. The semi-closeness of this group makes it possible to (in theory) reach all the people who downloaded the files already released to efficiently let them know about any news. It also helps to keep the files from spreading incontrollably. And as I got a lot of help from people at this place in special, I found it would be appropriate to give something back to this group.
To make it clear: I DO NOT WANT to find the files reposted by someone other than me at any other place. If you use my work to create derived models, the rules as for any other model apply. As I always understood it, this means: building derived models: yes, posting derived files: please ask the original author first. Please excuse the lack of a proper licence file, this was way before most paper modelers even thought about this issue, and I must say, I find it sad that I even have to mention this which I thought was universal, fair behaviour. I find it even worse that it is a administrator of a paper modeling forum who makes me post this.

The reason for the last section is not an issue with a current builder/designer, to make this clear.

Sorry for the long message, and happy modeling!

Best regards,
Thorsten
Old 07-16-2016, 07:07 AM

Total Downloaded: 43.01 MB
Thorst,

Your design and modeling skills are superior. I'm sorry that you are having to deal with issues outside of your focus.

Your cockpit and forward fuselage section alone would make an excellent desk model.

Thank you for taking the time fot this outstanding model.

Bravo from Texas
Old 07-16-2016, 09:09 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.42 GB
I agree with SAustin16, your design is EPIC!! I don't think anything is incorrect. When I first saw the model it was the most realistic model in the world. Big thanks for sharing your hard work.
Old 03-04-2017, 02:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
thorst shuttle model

Thorst

your model build brings me much joy and child like wonder,

thank you so much for deciding to share it with me. I hope that you can get past the current problem and one day show your completed efforts.

what you have done so far is remarkable, especially when compaired to the commercial models of the space shuttle.

thank you for your efforts to paper model hobby.

Enigma.
Old 03-04-2017, 05:00 PM

Total Downloaded: 425.39 MB
How could I miss this? this build is leaving me with my best WTF face...
Astounding!!! If this model ever will be available to download or to buy count me in!

Currently building: Colonial Viper from Uhu02
Finished:
Yoav Hozmis Kfir