PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 09-23-2013, 04:50 PM

Total Downloaded: 319.31 MB
Wdgagnon, great job. The use of the photo paper really gives it a different look. I thought about doing that then opted for standard card stock. It turns out both ways look great. Just curious, which command module, boost protective cover and and launch escape system will you use?
Old 09-23-2013, 05:00 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via Skype™ to WdGagnon
Thanks Gene

I haven't decided yet. Ive printed out 3 different ones. I am thinking of scratch building the service mod with the same paper I used for the engine wraps and just gluing the details on. As for the tower, I may just make the tubes, and scratch build that. That's what I love about paper, you're not limited to what you can do. I copied some real nice close-ups of the command module and am going to do some heavy detail on that.
Did you use the one from Appolonia? His work is very hard to find. Been searching every day and no luck so far. I'll keep looking. I am trying to finish this without spending anything, except for the huge amounts of paper ( about half ended up in the fireplace:( )and all the ink of course.
Old 09-23-2013, 05:22 PM

Total Downloaded: 23.78 MB
Unbelievable I'm a plastic modeler who is venturing into new territory here and this is beyond anything I had imagined could be done with paper. Fascinating!
Old 09-23-2013, 06:31 PM

It is crazy isn't it? I just discovered this stuff a few months ago. Im still amazed at what you can do with paper. These guys who engineer paper models are simply incredible. I just wish guys like Greelt would finish his Sat V. He still has 2 stages to go and would love to see what he comes up with.
Old 09-24-2013, 07:52 PM

Hi Gene

Quote:
Originally Posted by gene1772 View Post
Wdgagnon, great job. The use of the photo paper really gives it a different look. I thought about doing that then opted for standard card stock. It turns out both ways look great. Just curious, which command module, boost protective cover and and launch escape system will you use?
Did you use the 1:96 version from slavicek or does he have a 1:48 version out there. I was just thinking of printing his 96 at 200%. Thanks much

Google Adsense
Old 09-25-2013, 07:01 PM

Wdgagnon, I downloaded the site version and then blew it up with paintbrush. This model is a master piece in its own right, very well done. It took a couple of tries because just doubling it was not exact but once I got it to fit it fit like a glove. I have been wanting to build the newer version for my models but I have been so tied up with the crawler I have not had time. Good luck.
Old 09-26-2013, 10:01 PM

Love to see it

Hope you post some pics of the crawler when you finish it. Would love to see that. I guess at some point that will be on my list.
Old 10-04-2013, 09:49 AM

Does anyone have any instructions on how the parts go together for the 2nd stage engine mounts for Frederick Bouchar? Not quite sure how to mount the greelt j2s.
I may just have to wing it on this.
Old 10-04-2013, 06:12 PM

Greetings WdGagnon, yes you pretty much have to wing it. I just glued mine to the flat bars that were already there. I think they came out pretty well but I have to say not to sweat it. I have had this model for two years and this is the first time since I finished it that I have taken it apart to see the engines. The F1s get all the attention. Let me know how you do yours.
Attached Thumbnails
Saturn 5 and Saturn 1b-j-2-1.jpg   Saturn 5 and Saturn 1b-j-2-2.jpg  
Old 10-04-2013, 06:20 PM

Thanks Gene

That's a huge help Gene, thanks much. Ill post mine when I get it done.
Google Adsense