PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 10-20-2012, 11:43 AM

Total Downloaded: 406.41 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky00 View Post
Mark,

I'm in much the same position myself, trying to adapt an X-20 to fit on your Titan IIIC kit.
Really? OMG, keep us updated. I'm really excited to hear that! Need any help, just let me know.
Old 10-28-2012, 11:24 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.03 GB
Its not a huge deal. Just trying to get Lars Folmann's X-20 scaled to fit onto the your Titan IIIC. Not as simple as it seemed at first due to A4 vs Letter formatting, but after a few test builds I think I have the sizing pretty close. Have the X-20 and trans-stage built. Now for the Titan...

thanks, erik
Old 10-28-2012, 01:29 PM

Total Downloaded: 474.31 MB
Sound like an great project, sparky00>

Mark, we are your faithful followers and fans, we'll wait for however long it takes to see your designs, my friend and I suspect most of us appreciate this is a hobby so life tends to creep and take away time for such pleasures.

Good luck with your work, very glad it is going so well, and we will stay tuned here for your next word!

Cheers!
Jim
Old 10-29-2012, 06:26 AM

Thanks, Jim! BTW, I finished the SS-3,4 and 5. I'll be uploading soon. Soon as I touch up my SS-9 I'll post pictures.
Old 11-01-2012, 05:30 PM

I uploaded the SS-3.4 and 5 yesterday. They will be up soon!

-Mark
Google Adsense
Old 11-03-2012, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markcable View Post
Really? OMG, keep us updated. I'm really excited to hear that! Need any help, just let me know.
Mark,

I may need to take you up on your kind offer. I'm trying to determine where on the Titan IIIC the transtage for the X-20 would have been located. I have probably some of the best survising info on the X-20, but little reference on the Titan. Since this vehicle was never actually built, and most of the drawings/models I can find are very conceptual, there is probably no clearly wrong answer. I'm pretty sure the transtage and adapter were flown on Titan IIIC with other payloads. Just wanted to see if you have any info on it.

Thanks, Erik
Old 11-03-2012, 12:03 PM

Here's the finished SS-9:

Last edited by markcable; 11-03-2012 at 12:04 PM. Reason: Photo repeated. Added correct one.
Old 11-03-2012, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Mark,

I may need to take you up on your kind offer. I'm trying to determine where on the Titan IIIC the transtage for the X-20 would have been located. I have probably some of the best survising info on the X-20, but little reference on the Titan. Since this vehicle was never actually built, and most of the drawings/models I can find are very conceptual, there is probably no clearly wrong answer. I'm pretty sure the transtage and adapter were flown on Titan IIIC with other payloads. Just wanted to see if you have any info on it.

Thanks, Erik
My best info is the Apogee book, which has a lot of info, but you may already have most of it and I think much of it is conceptual. Seems like the Transtage is in the same place as the stock Titan III, but I've seen different adapters. All the adapters I've seen looked fairly complex, that was the biggest red flag I saw when I thought about doing a model of it.
Old 11-03-2012, 12:53 PM

Mark,

I've been digging through the Apogee book-great stuff. I think I'll just put the transtage at the checkerboard location on the Titan IIIC. Looks like that's probably the most reasonable spot. SS-9 looks great BTW.

Thanks, erik
Old 11-03-2012, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Mark,

I've been digging through the Apogee book-great stuff. I think I'll just put the transtage at the checkerboard location on the Titan IIIC. Looks like that's probably the most reasonable spot. SS-9 looks great BTW.

Thanks, erik
Are you going to do a transstage? I found some good reference AFTER I finished the IIIC. Be glad to pass it along. Yes, the checkerboard is the separation line for the transstage.
Google Adsense

Tags
icbm, peacekeeper, slbm, titan iiic, trident