PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 08-21-2011, 02:25 AM

Total Downloaded: 155.43 MB
3 times!? wow... you must have iron fingers sir!!!

shame about the third one, but I'm sure glad its fixable...

pictures!!!
Old 08-21-2011, 03:55 AM

Total Downloaded: 23.60 MB
Nice work inky. Nice to see a 1/144 close to completion. How did you do the zig/zags for the radiators on S1 and P1, I've always had problems with those parts. I ended up making mine out of brass rod, stronger, but it's not paper/card.
Old 08-21-2011, 07:11 AM

Total Downloaded: 5.53 GB
Very cool, looking good !!!!!

René
Old 08-21-2011, 05:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 233.25 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to Inky
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulhbell View Post
How did you do the zig/zags for the radiators on S1 and P1,
Well I use to cuss and say all kinds of bad things while doing them but I got smart one day and mad a jig out of wood and finishing nails. For the support zig/zags I layered three pieces of card together to make it thicker and stronger. I just put the radiators in the jig and then layed the supports on top and put a little drop of super glue, waited a minute or so then pulle it out of the jig and flipped it over then repeated. Makes it allot easier and faster when doing these.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:44 AM

Total Downloaded: 50.69 MB
So I assume this one is 1:144? And how in the world did you get that shuttle to hang so straight?
Last Build - 1:48 F1 Engine
Current Build - Mammoth Tank (Scale unknown)
Next Build - P-3 Orion (VQ-1 livery)
Google Adsense
Old 08-22-2011, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
So I assume this one is 1:144? And how in the world did you get that shuttle to hang so straight?
Yes Gideon, this is the 1/144. As for keeping the shuttle hanging straight, I ran a wooden shish kabob rod from node 1, Destiny lab, node 2 and out the PDA. I trimmed it to stick out about an inch or so. On the shuttle I drilled a hole through the orbiter docking system and into the shuttle body itself. The shuttle slides onto the rod and it holds it in place perfectly and is able to be taken off and on any time.
Old 08-22-2011, 11:56 AM

Total Downloaded: 50.69 MB
Ok, that's pretty sweet. Especially for a one month build!
Last Build - 1:48 F1 Engine
Current Build - Mammoth Tank (Scale unknown)
Next Build - P-3 Orion (VQ-1 livery)
Old 08-22-2011, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
Especially for a one month build!
Thank you.

I had allot of time on my hands, I pissed my boss off so he cut my hours at work to only 8 hours a week. I pretty much worked on it from the time I got up till I went to bed.

As for my boss....we have made up and I got all my hours back. Now I am to tired to even build a model.
Old 12-12-2014, 05:24 AM

Total Downloaded: 8.84 MB
Is this a good idea

Folks,
I have a question on what you think for realism and effect on a ISS model solar panel array?
I have always wanted to portray the arrays as accurately as possible and several people use the printing of the solar panels for the arrays so... my idea...
1.) get a detailed solar cell with the purples and blues from online photos make a set of cells then an array, size it to the correct dimensions of your model.
2.) print it on "LASER" waterslide decal paper 1 for each side (2 for each array).
3.) purchase the KAPTON single sided sticky tape in the correct width cut the length to correct size.
4.) use the .23mm (yes .23mm) stainless steel wire from "ngineering" train site as internal frame i.e. a rectangle loop, sandwiched between the 2 strips of KAPTON tape, then place the decal of the solar panels one the KAPTON tape and airbrush with clear gloss accrylic?

Not only would you have the correct color of the panels but the tape is thinner than printerpaper and I believe that it would be lighter with the internal loop if placed correctly than one made with printerpaper and support tubes
Old 12-12-2014, 07:49 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.03 GB
Beautiful job! I just recently purchased this kit. At the rate I build (work, travel & family), my goal is to have it finished before the real ISS is decommissioned.
Google Adsense