PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 10-26-2013, 07:22 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.45 MB
Right! Maybe a Lunar Module and a Lunar ROVER (if and when available) would match in the same diorama.
Old 10-26-2013, 07:26 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.53 MB
Even the Command module on its own is impressive! Just got back from the ESM. My uncle liked it as well.

Good luck and health with recovering, Ken. I might just buy a model from you one day (most likely to be the XB-70).
Old 10-26-2013, 08:11 AM

Total Downloaded: 364.40 MB
Just got home from the annual IPMS convention in the Netherlands were I had the honor to meet Billy Leliveld. He was displaying his test build of the Apollo command module.
It is looking absolutely fabulous, can't wait to get my hands on a copy of this wonderful model.
A BIG thank you to Ken and Billy.
Old 10-26-2013, 10:13 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.87 GB
Until last night I had the intention to go to the IPMS. I presumed however, the main part of the exhibition was made out of plastic models. So although I really wanted to see the Apollo capsule myself, in the end I decided against it. So I am a little sorry now that I haven't seen it and I also am sorry I haven't been able to meet Greelt. Oh well. I did save some gas.

I still have to go to Utrecht anyway to see the NASA exhibition before it heads off to a new place in January.

I hope you got a load of nice comments on the CM, Billy. It is a work of art. the design as well as the build. Those plastic builders must have been amazed, I am sure!
Old 10-26-2013, 10:17 AM

Total Downloaded: 19.26 MB
Great display of the CM at IPMS in Nieuwegein today, Billy!
St. Peter's & Vatican - 1:3900 - Micromodels
Old 10-27-2013, 04:31 AM
POTW Editor

Total Downloaded: 76.82 MB
That was a nice day, and really nice to see all of you in person, i had some great comments and compliments. There where a lot of guys very interested, and I had to explain many times how this model was made, and it was realy funny to demonstrate how all the parts of the 5ft display would fit together, and not being bigger than an average fruit bowl, it could be a great selling point for small-housed modelers
One particular visitor made a very nice comment to the way it was designed, and after he photographed all of the sections we had a conversation, he turned to be working as a designer for the Lego company, developing technical Lego-kits and was very impressed by the CM, understanding right away what a giant task it was to design it ( you should have been here , Ken)
Attached Thumbnails
Apollo command module - 1:12-p1000634.jpg   Apollo command module - 1:12-p1000632.jpg  
Old 10-27-2013, 04:43 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.87 GB
I guess you had little time to "work" on the hatch, am I right?
Great display you had there, Billy. And you and Ken have given the paper modelers world another big milestone. This kit easily shares the stage with the ten greatest model kits in the world.
Old 10-27-2013, 09:38 AM

Total Downloaded: 357.33 MB
Billy's Apollo CM on Display at IPMS

Fantastic, Billy!

What a great and very pedagogical display - I am sure you must have had many interested and curious modelers at your table. What a great way to share the art, and spread The Word on card modeling - our passion.

And how wonderful to have such respectful feed-back from the LEGO designer on your intricate design, Ken! It is an amazing piece of design.

I once had a card model table at a local IPMS show here in Stockholm (around 2006) and I had many plastic modelers at my table, with their foreheads all in wrinkles...

All the best,
Bengt
Old 10-27-2013, 06:11 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Impressive display Billy. Your amazing work and Ken's fantastic design are a benchmark not only in cardstock modeling but in all of modeling.

Chris
Old 10-31-2013, 07:08 AM

Total Downloaded: 21.20 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greelt View Post
Just got home from the annual IPMS convention in the Netherlands were I had the honor to meet Billy Leliveld. He was displaying his test build of the Apollo command module.
It is looking absolutely fabulous, can't wait to get my hands on a copy of this wonderful model.
A BIG thank you to Ken and Billy.
Greelt, you are probably tired of being asked this but ......can we ever hope to see you complete your magnificent Saturn V? Please? Pretty please?